How long is the game?

#1AlkVelronPosted 2/1/2013 2:03:36 AM
I'm extremely interested, but I don't want to buy a short game. The developer said it's 8-10 hours, but developers aren't exactly saints when it comes to honesty. How long did it take any of you guys?
---
XBL/PSN/STEAM Account Name - NEREVAR117
"If this is the chosen way, then there's nothing left to say."
#2TigrathPosted 2/1/2013 3:28:45 AM
I'm on what is ostensibly the final puzzle sequence (actually only on GFAQs to see if anyone else had done it!) and it's taken me in the neighborhood of 7 hours. Steam says I've played 5 hours but my actual clock doesn't seem to agree with that (Steam's notorious for not having a very accurate playtime clock anyway).

All in all some good mind****ery going on here. If you have trouble adapting to strange puzzles it may be 10+ hours for you. If you are an absolute genius I have heard of folks doing it in 3-4 on their first shot. That said, my 7-ish hour playthrough has seen me generally not taking very long on any given puzzle, only a couple have truly had me stumped. Including the spot I'm stuck at. Finally, while it has not been a 100% run, I have very few blank spots on what has been nicknamed "the achievement panel," so maybe add half an hour to an hour if you plan to solve every last puzzle.

So the developer's 8-10 hour length estimate may be relatively accurate after all.
---
Planet Puzzle League friend code: 532677-629132 (Tigrath)
#3TigrathPosted 2/1/2013 4:07:51 AM
Aaaand done. My problem was a common one: looks are frequently deceiving in this game.

Steam's convinced it took me 6 hours, but it took me about half an hour after my above estimate so..7.5 hour ballpark I suppose.
#4Ultraknight64Posted 2/1/2013 5:07:58 AM
Aaaand done. My problem was a common one: looks are frequently deceiving in this game.

Steam's convinced it took me 6 hours, but it took me about half an hour after my above estimate so..7.5 hour ballpark I suppose.

Can you help me? The puzzle sequence following "Falling Foward" ends at a complete white room and I've tried everything but nothing seems to be here at all.
---
Not happy with committing just murder, he had to go and dirty the courthouse, too!? GUILTY - Judge
#5moldy_tomatoPosted 2/1/2013 2:28:29 PM
Ultraknight64 posted...
Can you help me? The puzzle sequence following "Falling Foward" ends at a complete white room and I've tried everything but nothing seems to be here at all.

Wait, did you actually get into the white room?
The map says it's a dead end, so I doubt there really is much you can do.
#6qbicfeetPosted 2/1/2013 2:37:16 PM
It took me about 6 hours to 100% it, but once you fully understand all game mechanics you can easily breeze through the game in less than 10 minutes (my personal best is 9:03).

For 15 bucks and considering what a unique experience the game is, I'd say it's a very nice deal.
---
PSN / GT / Steam - qbicfeet
Official Snivy of the Pokemon X boards
#7Ultraknight64Posted 2/1/2013 8:27:15 PM
Ultraknight64 posted...

Wait, did you actually get into the white room?
The map says it's a dead end, so I doubt there really is much you can do.

I got in by going over the sensor a few times and making it go up and down and up again. It becomes to slow to block you from getting in and I just run into the white room. Nothing inside at all though.
---
Not happy with committing just murder, he had to go and dirty the courthouse, too!? GUILTY - Judge
#8TigrathPosted 2/1/2013 10:02:21 PM
Totally white room? I dunno man, here's what I got from doing Falling Forward just now:

SPOILERS NEXT PARAGRAPH OK

In Falling Forward, I drop down, repeatedly absorb the blocks from the door lock, and then use them to climb up to the other side of the bridge, I'm sure that part's obvious. Then after "You can't do everything yourself," when it switches you into a new set of rooms with the 'magic mirrors,' there is a room with a yellow glow where you can walk into the wall. I guess it is totally white in there, but that part's not a dead end. Fumble about in there (I think you go forward twice, then left some?) and you can come out in the room with a black glow. Stand in the middle of the black and look directly down, and you will fall into a hole leading to a room with a red glow, a white circle on the wall and two exits, but it endlessly leads you in a circle no matter what door you exit through.

So I'm not sure what totally white room you mean, I can't really find a "sensor" in that area but, the area I just described is shown as a dead end on my map when I ESC from it.
#9TigrathPosted 2/1/2013 10:10:16 PM
Aw snap, see it took me a bit of staring at the glass to even think of going backwards, which I just now tried. This game, dude.
#10TigrathPosted 2/1/2013 10:26:26 PM
Okay yes. Found and entered the white room, it took pretty precise timing of the door laser (you gotta time your move so that the door will still be moving up, and only almost reach the top, but not quite hit it, to have the max time to actually get through the door). Upon ESCing out of it, it even registers as the same dead end as the one I was already talking about, so pretty much all of Falling Forward after you pass the "you can't do everything yourself" plaque is a giant dead end puzzle.