Not sure if I did this right or not

#1stonelikearockPosted 2/9/2013 9:39:37 AM
So I just solved a puzzle, but I'm almost sure I didn't do it the way the developer intended. It's in that room that you can access by going through the eye door located behind the Leap of Faith ("Walk?") section. I think it's called "A Game of Leapfrog" or something like that. Anyway, there are two cubes, and you have to get it so that a cube is sitting in between the two intersecting lasers right in the middle. What I did was I went out of the room, across the Leap of Faith, to that part where there are a bunch of cubes lining one of the hurdles. I took those cubes back to the Leapfrog room and piled them up until they reached where I needed them to go. I feel like there's definitely a more elegant way to do it than that.
---
"just be glad there's nobody named paperlikeabook to come and post after you. Then you'd be in trouble mister." - arleas http://imgur.com/QgO8q
#2eco masterPosted 2/9/2013 10:54:55 AM
All you had to do was take one blue block and put it on the other one, take one away, put it in front, take the other away, put it in front and repeat until you got one in the center. Hence, leapfrog.

As long as you get past the room, you did it right.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#3svenityPosted 2/10/2013 7:12:54 AM
stone, that was the easier way to do it lol, i did that too. i think the developers for the most part encourage figuring out the puzzles by whatever means you can think of. some puzzles have one solution, some have multiple
#4Yusuke UrameshiPosted 2/12/2013 2:10:20 PM
I used the "draw" function of the gun and stood in just the right spot to block it when it hit dead center.

Though I did realize the "leapfrog" solution afterward and felt like an idiot.
---
We call that the "Stupid Jerkface" outcome. Somebody did that to me, I'd skin 'em and stew 'em with some taters.
#5stonelikearock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:25:35 PM
Yusuke Urameshi posted...
I used the "draw" function of the gun and stood in just the right spot to block it when it hit dead center.

Though I did realize the "leapfrog" solution afterward and felt like an idiot.

Hmm... I thought you needed to clear that room to get the green gun... I guess there are multiple ways to do it
---
"just be glad there's nobody named paperlikeabook to come and post after you. Then you'd be in trouble mister." - arleas http://imgur.com/QgO8q
#6riff429Posted 2/14/2013 12:50:46 AM
I've noticed little details that are very well thought out that prevent or allow blocks to enter certain areas. I'd say the dev gave this game a RIDICULOUS amount of thought. If you were able to get blocks into an area to solve a puzzle, chances are it was intentional.
#7AmarantaminPosted 2/27/2013 2:09:46 AM
Remember the note you get just after solving that puzzle? I forget exactly what it said, but it was something along the lines of it not being wrong to get extra help. It was essentially saying that using those blocks was not only perfectly fine, but they expected you to do it. =)