Controller support?

#1pothocketPosted 4/22/2013 5:39:35 AM
As far as I can tell this game does not support a controller. Any way to get one working or is it even not possible to play the game with one?

I've only just got the "green" upgrade so no spoilers please but it seems like it should work with a controller.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2samjake1990Posted 4/29/2013 8:49:17 AM
there is controller support it is unofficial though this is what the website says to do to get controller support
=====================================
Controller Support
=====================================
It is possible to play the game with an XBox controller, but it wasn't tuned correctly so I ripped it out for the launch. I thought it would be better to have no support rather than unfinished support, but I can see that many people would still like to be able to play with a controller.

To re-enable (unofficial) support, in *Installdir*/UDKGame/Config/DefaultInput.ini, search for "Antichamber Controller Bindings" and replace what is there with the following.

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Antichamber Controller Bindings
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Secondary default bindings
-.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftThumbstick",Command="GBA_Jump_Gamepad")

; Primaray default bindings
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Start",Command="GBA_ShowMenu | OnRelease CancelExit")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftX",Command="GBA_StrafeLeft_Gamepad")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",Command="GBA_MoveForward_Gamepad")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",Command="GBA_TurnLeft_Gamepad")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightY",Command="GBA_Look_Gamepad")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightShoulder",Command="StartTriFire | OnRelease StopTriFire")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightTrigger",Command="GBA_Fire")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftShoulder",Command="StartTriFire | OnRelease StopTriFire")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftTrigger",Command="GBA_AltFire")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightThumbstick",Command="None")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A",Command="GBA_Jump_Gamepad")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_B",Command="Walking")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Y",Command="None")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_X",Command="GBA_Fire")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Back",Command="GBA_ShowMenu")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Up",Command="None")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Down",Command="None")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Left",Command="None")
.Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Right",Command="None")
.Bindings=(Name="SIXAXIS_AccelX",Command="None")
.Bindings=(Name="SIXAXIS_AccelZ",Command="None")

The buttons will all work (hold B to walk), but the motion on the thumbsticks isn't tuned and accelerates too harshly. When this stuff has been resolved (in code) and tested properly, this will all be put back in officially.