Most reliable way to get good gear?

#1TrepperPosted 2/28/2012 9:12:12 PM
I hit level 20 on my Wizard after dying at 15 (in oryx castle to be fair) and 7 (just got really unlucky)...

My gear is really lacking though. My armor is tier 6 and my staff is tier THREE Hahaha.

Just wondering what the best way to get better gear would be... if it can also be a good return versus risk that would be good as well.

I'm not THAT good at this game. :P
---
As long as you're having fun you are doing just fine.
#2Kokuei05Posted 2/28/2012 11:18:14 PM(edited)
There no easy way to get equipment. Either save your stat pots and use them to trade for good gear or just try to get lucky.

I'd say try to get lucky. It's part of the game to find the equipment, and you should use those pots to get stronger. I feel sorry for people that actually pay real money for stat pots and equipment. I mean why are you even playing the game if you're just going to cheat your way through it.
---
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/comicshowthecourt1.png
http://i.imgur.com/pTGA0.gif
#3Seven_ForcePosted 2/29/2012 3:47:13 PM

Characters with powerful one-hit attacks (archer, assassin, knight come to mind) can get away with launching a special or two at a lesser god and letting other people clean up while still doing enough damage to get a soulbound drop.

#4SteamsterPosted 3/5/2012 2:18:33 PM
Kokuei05 posted...
There no easy way to get equipment. Either save your stat pots and use them to trade for good gear or just try to get lucky.

I'd say try to get lucky. It's part of the game to find the equipment, and you should use those pots to get stronger. I feel sorry for people that actually pay real money for stat pots and equipment. I mean why are you even playing the game if you're just going to cheat your way through it.

Because that's not cheating.

You're paying with time, they're paying with cash. You value finding the equipment, they value owning the equipment.

It's just a matter of perspective, nothing worth caring about.
#5LokarinPosted 3/5/2012 5:47:08 PM(edited)
Depends what you mean by "good"

Anything up to T8 Weapon/Armour and T4 Ability is fair game junk you'll get just from grinding gods.

T9 can be gotten from Stheno, so you should farm Snake Pit whenever possible, with special items available in each of the three god portals (Sprite World, Abyss and Undead Lair)

T10 and higher can only be gotten from select Event Bosses and Oryx, with the highest gear being from Oryx 2 only.
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#6thecrossnkightPosted 3/10/2012 12:52:23 AM
Most reliable way is to not die. Ever.

Provided you aren't hiding in your vault, the longer you don't die the more likely you'll walk by someone who drops something good (I do it incredibly frequently). There, now you just kill stuff and dont die and your stuff will gradually get better!

If you're really struggling though, I recommend making a few buddies and ask them to keep an eye out for things. (Don't beg, that just annoys people. I've got nothing against a fellow who follows me around, helps out a little, and asks me to keep an eye out for some stuff to help him improve though)
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#7Kokuei05Posted 3/10/2012 11:41:20 AM

From: thecrossnkight | Posted: 3/10/2012 2:52:23 AM | #006
Most reliable way is to not die. Ever.

Provided you aren't hiding in your vault, the longer you don't die the more likely you'll walk by someone who drops something good (I do it incredibly frequently). There, now you just kill stuff and dont die and your stuff will gradually get better!

If you're really struggling though, I recommend making a few buddies and ask them to keep an eye out for things. (Don't beg, that just annoys people. I've got nothing against a fellow who follows me around, helps out a little, and asks me to keep an eye out for some stuff to help him improve though)

You know why people drop stuff like that right? Because they don't want to sit at the nexus for an hour to sell the items for 1 speed each. They can easily find the pot themselves or go do sprite worlds within 5 min and get a guaranteed 1 dex.
---
#8thecrossnkightPosted 3/10/2012 12:22:15 PM
Kokuei05 posted...
You know why people drop stuff like that right? Because they don't want to sit at the nexus for an hour to sell the items for 1 speed each. They can easily find the pot themselves or go do sprite worlds within 5 min and get a guaranteed 1 dex.

Yes, what exactly is your point? He asked for a reliable means to get good gear (The difference between t8 and t12 is somewhat marginal). I gave him one.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#9Kokuei05Posted 3/10/2012 1:21:12 PM
The point is if you have that much time; just find the damn pots yourself and trade for the items. Instead of following people and hoping they "drop something good".
---
#10thecrossnkightPosted 3/10/2012 1:28:11 PM
Kokuei05 posted...
The point is if you have that much time; just find the damn pots yourself and trade for the items. Instead of following people and hoping they "drop something good".

It can be incredibly hard to kill something that drops 'something good' if you're using t3-t4 items. Even so, it's pretty easy to follow a few good players around in godlands and kill gods with them regardless of equip. You might find something good, more likely they do and drop it.
---