i saw the movie yesterday

#1krosieangel gfPosted 4/12/2012 1:45:22 AM
i loved it and thought i would love to have a upto date movie version of the game to play online and with friends

so when i saw this i got excited then watched the video and they made it a first person shooter,

there was only 2 scenes in the movie where guns where used so why the hell is this a first person shooter?
#2superhappybombPosted 4/15/2012 10:48:24 PM
Have you seen the publisher?
---
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute if you want to skydive twice.
#3krosieangel gf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 1:52:47 AM
whats wrong with activision
#4Draven12391Posted 4/18/2012 5:14:09 AM
activision = COD clone central...>.>
#5Solid SonicPosted 4/25/2012 6:29:34 AM
The movie is utterly hilarious, at least in principle.

I might see it but only if I intend to do so without a straight face. There's no way I could watch this seriously.
---
NGG: Nonstop Gamer Groaning
#6GateCaptainPosted 4/25/2012 6:54:12 AM
krosieangel gf posted...
whats wrong with activision

Hey they make good games :P
#7RapaleemanPosted 4/25/2012 8:45:02 AM
I watched this out of pure boredom due to being sick thanks to a cold over the weekend. It was surprisingly decent. Nothing that will be remembered a year from now but it is a good action/popcorn flick despite the few cheesy jokes/dialogue.

I will say the premise, while seemingly out there since it is based on a board game, is actually pretty solid in terms of alien flicks. The movie seemed honest in what it was. A decent naval simulator film with over-the-top alien action. You need to get past the first 10 minutes though. It is completely out of place. Once past that and the remaining 2 hours were truly entertaining.

Even sick, when I usually just want to sleep, I was engaged the whole time. Great CGI and really cool battles. There is a lot from the classic Battleship game incorperated in it too. Oddly they were able to put that stuff in there with out it being lame outside of a single line of dialogue from one of the commercials (everyone knows what I'm talking about). The pegs were really a novel idea that worked.

As for the game, there is a video linked in another thread here. It doesn't look completely awful, but for a $60 game it looks pretty sub par. Now if this were a $30 budget release, then the mix of on land foot action (which there really isn't any in the movie) and naval support could be entertaining for a few hours. Not for full retail though.

I'm curious what Activision had the devleopers do for the Men in Black game that comes out the following week. Zero screenshots or videos for that one. Most likely a quality product.
---
"Jazz to Moonbase 2! Jazz to Moonbase 2!"
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#8JascoDPosted 4/27/2012 3:18:28 PM
superhappybomb posted...

He said publisher. WTF is wrong with you people!?

Activ-zio-ON don't make games, they only publishes them.
---
Don't you hate it when a signature looks like part of the post?
#9krosieangel gf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 12:38:11 PM
JascoD posted...
superhappybomb posted...

He said publisher. WTF is wrong with you people!?

Activ-zio-ON don't make games, they only publishes them.

what a surprise someone coming into a nice talking topic with an attitude problem trying to start something
#10MashYouGoodPosted 5/19/2012 3:03:23 PM
krosieangel gf posted...
i saw the movie yesterday... i loved it

You're smokin' WHAT now?! o_0 How old are you...? <_<

there was only 2 scenes in the movie where guns where used so why the hell is this a first person shooter?

Junk food has little-to-no nutritional value, yet people eat it by the cargo container load. Does that answer your question?