What will you expect to be in Z3? (if Z2 isnt the end)

#71Shaded_PhoenixPosted 2/10/2012 11:42:32 AM(edited)

Can't remember how long after Baxinger Sasliger takes place though.
I'm sure there are other series like that with legitimate time jumps...

Well, Brygar was set in 2111, Baxinger was 600 years later, and Sasuraiger was set in 2911. So, that's 200 years.

However, despite all the decent ideas people have put forward, there's still problems. One of AGE's big things is the time skip, so we've got most of the first thirds cast appearing with character designs 25 years older, so you can't have the protagonists appear as siblings, since the older versions are important characters. Very few series deal with things like that. The Brygar trilogy, quite obviously, kills off it's previous cast, so it has no older versions. Amuro doesn't even survive for 15 years after his first appearance, let alone 25. Gurren Lagann would need something closer to post-series Simon than time-skip Simon. Shin Getter Armageddon is a bit murky, but still possible - you just need to be able to pass off Hayato and Benkei as being in their late forties.

Kotetsuhin Jeeg, however, is nearly perfect.

Except for one flaw... We're expecting a second 25 year time skip. That puts a lot of characters into their seventies, if not outright dead. You can't even put AGE in sequels without ignoring all of the previous cast that aren't immune to aging like Metal Setsuna is - it's practically crying out to be put in separate games. (Though it would be a good excuse to throw together a game that can't precisely match up with the "previous" game due to being composed of sequels with varying gaps between them.) With some mucking around, trimming down most of the meat of the first generation, and a prologue or three, you can probably fit two generations in a game... but probably only two.

They can make a special plot event that causes them age in another universe etc. Such as what they are doing with Gurren Lagann and Shin Getter Robo. (something to do with the nuclear missle plus getter energy.)

Considering that the series' overlying plot is that there's a war going on, you'd have to have a big chunk of space getting shoved into a temporal ditch. And, frankly, while that could be done, I refuse to consider it good storytelling. The best part of SRWs plots are when storylines are integrated, so suggesting that we alienate one or two series from the rest of the Earth does not inspire me with confidence.

Yeah they can. They were actual new lines, recorded for Z (and possibly Z-2), but were "dummied out" during production.

That... Sounds rather unnecessary and wasteful.
---
It's enough that I'm wearing steel underpants right now. No cactus gonna assrape me today, not even by accident.
-Dracoferret on... well, you know. Cacti.
#72SpoonyGundamPosted 2/10/2012 12:04:31 PM
AGE will work a lot more easily in a single game if paired with Gunbuster, thanks to the time dilation, but it's still probably something that would be better suited to being spread out over multiple games.
---
Michael Jackson can turn into a spaceship. Can you turn into a spaceship? No. You can't.
#73AnothersoulPosted 2/10/2012 3:45:36 PM(edited)
Shadowed Pheonix posted...

Kotetsuhin Jeeg, however, is nearly perfect.

Except for one flaw... We're expecting a second 25 year time skip. That puts a lot of characters into their seventies, if not outright dead. You can't even put AGE in sequels without ignoring all of the previous cast that aren't immune to aging like Metal Setsuna is - it's practically crying out to be put in separate games. (Though it would be a good excuse to throw together a game that can't precisely match up with the "previous" game due to being composed of sequels with varying gaps between them.) With some mucking around, trimming down most of the meat of the first generation, and a prologue or three, you can probably fit two generations in a game... but probably only two.

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't know how the 2nd time skip will work out tho.

Anyway, I also got a great candidate series protagonist that will fits on all time skip. It is Mars, no, not Godmars there is other Mars... Now, people who says Godmars hasn't move you haven't seen anything.
#74kurimawtaktakPosted 2/10/2012 3:53:58 PM
How about moving the story like @gaiden. Time travels can work on the Asunos right?
#75sb6Posted 2/10/2012 6:36:17 PM
DarkHeroAxel777 posted...
Shadowed Pheonix posted...
Like I said, was it something left over from the recording from Alpha Gaiden or something? They can't have had those lines recorded new before they've actually worked out a plot, can they?

Yeah they can. They were actual new lines, recorded for Z (and possibly Z-2), but were "dummied out" during production.

Do you know if anyone has put up videos of those lines? I'd love to hear some.
#76DarkHeroAxel777Posted 2/10/2012 7:55:16 PM
sb6 posted...

Not that I know of, unfortuneatly. I heard about it from a number of message boards, so you could try searching there (I first heard it on the Something Awful fourms). Talking about this has got me intrested in this again, so I did a little digging, and found that the first Z also had Mazinkaiser voice clips as well. I'll keep looking for the clips, though.
#77sb6Posted 2/10/2012 7:59:51 PM
DarkHeroAxel777 posted...
sb6 posted...

Not that I know of, unfortuneatly. I heard about it from a number of message boards, so you could try searching there (I first heard it on the Something Awful fourms). Talking about this has got me intrested in this again, so I did a little digging, and found that the first Z also had Mazinkaiser voice clips as well. I'll keep looking for the clips, though.

Thanks for looking.
#78axelwr44Posted 2/10/2012 8:18:35 PM(edited)
Jisaki posted...
Im sure there was a similar topic for Hakai board but now we have a clear idea where the Z series will go. Z series is pretty much the Alpha series of this generation and I believe fans are having high hopes for the next Z game (or Z3). I would like to hear what your guys expectation will be for Z3. Of course this wont be for at least 2 years later.

So far SRWZ2 surprised fans with TTGL, Code Geass, Tetsujin 28 (Gigantor), Eureka Movie version and a full Botoms story.

So Z3 has to top that like how Alpha 2 and 3 did.

-Gundam 00 Trail Blazer. pretty obvious
-Aquarion EVOL. I dont think its over yet now but its possible in the future
-Gun X Sword. Its because of how SRW K scenario treated it badly..An apology service to the fans? I've never seen it but according to fans its considered to be the worst way to treat it.
-Endless Waltz. obvious
-Line Barrel. Easy to work with the Z plot I assume.
-Fafner. Again, another apology service for the way it was treated in K.
- Aim for the Top! 2. 1 may have appeared but 2 will be a incredibly big surprise.
-Mazinkaiser or Mazinkaizer SKL
-Full Metal Panic. It'll be the first SRW to have FMP with voice acting (ACE R doesnt count)
-Shin Getter vs Neo an easy way to get in since I have a feeling Getter series will play a major role in the Z series
-Masoukishin Saibuster. My speculation that Masoukishin is related with Asakim and the whole orb setting. Who knows? Maybe Shu and Masaki might be orb holders (with SRW magic)

..is all I can think of for right now for very likely.

-HIGH HOPES LIST-
-Martian Successor Nadesico. Would love to see this series again..See below for another reason...

-ZONE OF THE ENDERS. I know its the license issue thing and rumors Kojima productions don't want it to ever appear in SRW franchise. But I still think it'll be a great pull for mecha fans and its possible that 1 and 2nd runner can connect with the Jovian settings in Nadesico. DAMMIT I WANNA SEE JEHUTY AND DINGO IN ACTION.

-Magic Knight Rayearth. When I saw NEO's list I literally thought SRW has no limits. Anything goes if something like Iron League is able to join. also welcomes old CLAMP fans to the SRW genre.

-Armored Core 4 Answer: No image of the Pilot?? Cant go to space? A very strict settings....But the mechs in AC4 and A seems pretty powerful enough to join. ACE R had a very very surprising guest from this.....

-Giant Robo The Animation. The fact that Tetsujin 28 is able to get in is good sign that GR might come back. (maybe license issue is somewhat resolved?)

sry for the long post...

Don't forget those:

- Gundam UC (Unicorn) - obiviously well, cause Gundam fans were like the Unicorn's NT-D mode, cool!
- Gundam AGE (1ST,2ND, and 3RD Generation) - Some people don't think that series are very well, but that's not wrong if they include it. I think that storyline was easy in Z...
- Gundam SEED VS ASTRAY - Bonus
- Crossbone Gundam Steel Seven - Don't forget the Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth, which piloted by Tobia Aronax. That MS are beloved by Gundam Fans. The Original CB Gundam was included in SRW α2 in PS2....
- any series of Patlabor - I wanna to see Ingram-1 vs Griffon...
---
I am Gundam! Setsuna F. Seiei, episode 19