SRW Scramble Commander I & II
SRW Masoukishin I&II
SRW Alpha 2 & 3
SRW Neo
Real Robot Regiment

in that order

That will take like..years. o.O
---
I'm the best there is,best there was and the best that ever will be.
#3Gatchan2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 9:52:01 PM
Well I didnt mean do them all just if I had to choose itd be in that order with these two PSP games first and all.
#4reinkinjitsuPosted 2/12/2012 9:53:24 PM
That still would take years.
---
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c262/Renkinjitsu/GIFs/speedpaunch.gif
#5Gatchan2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 10:22:18 PM
We got time.
#6AltairionPosted 2/12/2012 11:37:59 PM
The problem there is that more SRW games come out. If you're willing to wait years for a translation it might be easier to just learn Japanese.

Or at the very least, learn a lot of vocab, learn all the radicals, and keep a dictionary handy as you play.
---
#7kusanagiryuPosted 2/12/2012 11:55:38 PM
I used to be one to wait for translations myself, be it visual novels or all the awesome JRPGs that never made it to the States. That was me 5 years ago. As you continue to wait, you will eventually come to a realization that it really is easier to just pick up the language. And trust me when I say that Japanese is one of those languages that is really worth investing your time into when it comes to video games and entertainment.

I mean think about it, Japan produces like half of the world's video games that come out every year, maybe even more and many of these titles never see the light of day outside of Japan due to licensing nightmares or lack of interest, which is a real shame. Knowing Japanese unlocks a whole new world of possibilities for a gamer.

You see fan groups giving up partway through many translation projects which just further fuels your despair. The chances of a title getting a fan translation is slim and the chances of said fan translation getting completed is slimmer still.
#8RetsuxDPosted 2/13/2012 12:17:00 AM(edited)
You know I seriously hope this doesn't turn out the same way as a similar thread to this there was on /m/...

But, seriously, it'd take years, just look how text heavy these games are, consider all the variations the dialogue has and...

Well, yeah...

Even if someone was working on Z2.1 right now, I'd say it take them about 2 years...
#9Gatchan2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2012 12:29:55 AM(edited)
They shouldnt give up though or at the very least just network better

I only say this cause I see other games way less popular being translated (Girlish Love Revolution, Love Plus, Bahamut Lagoon, Saga 2 & 3, Tokimeki memorial Girls Side, Duel Love etc) these are all completed or close to completed projects. Text heavy too.
Yes one can try to learn Japanese but really if we have this many fans worldwide I just think its possible to gather people to work on said projects. I see a full translated script for Alpha 2 just on this site for example.
So far we got SRW 3, J, Alpha Gaiden. In other games, theres Front Mission 5, Namco X Capcom, Jump Ultimate Stars; those people didnt give up.
I would learn to hack myself but I'm just not good at it I've tried and this language has three alphabets making it very confusing.
I just the think the community should be able to get together and put their minds and strengths together to do this. Its possible at the very least since we got those other games translated.
When people give up its cause it takes so much time since they tackle the work usually by themselves with one or two translators and hackers. The guy working on Archaic Sealed Heat lost all his data on his MA USB stick didnt even back it up. Im just saying where theres a will and a huge fanbase theres a way

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lau5H0z7wz8/TdYqsLUkqRI/AAAAAAAAAAw/vGaW5zqxjvo/s1600/mazinger-z-team.jpg
#10RetsuxDPosted 2/13/2012 12:38:37 AM
I think you're overstimating the SRW fanbase, at least the english one, is not nearly as big as you'd think, and even then, most of it already knows japanese, so there's no point bothering to translate a game you can already understand.