So Arios is the fastest gundam?

#11sb6Posted 4/30/2012 8:51:14 AM
StriderTuna posted...
Turn A doesn't teleport ):

If you're talking about the spinning beam sabers to disappear trick, I always interpreted that as turn A bending the lights to make himself invisible.
You haven't played G Gen games have you or you'd know CA0001 was talking about the Dark History Turn A, something never animated.

It's hard to tell how fast the God Gundam is because of the lack of precise measuring that occurs with UC mechs.

the V2 Gundam could easily go at I think Mach 2 if not more but would likely kill any human pilot that'd try to go that fast.

I remember reading that the V2 could theoretically accelerate to near the speed of light.
#12CA0001Posted 4/30/2012 9:06:04 AM
Actually anything with propulsion and the fuel for the journey can theoretically accelerate to a fraction of light if given the time.

V2 Gundam just do it faster than others.
---
FC: 0518 8972 2483
#13DiehumansDIEPosted 4/30/2012 12:54:03 PM
How many mach have the trans- arm gundam?
#14VeonVoidPosted 4/30/2012 2:51:46 PM
00 Qant is capable of FTL travel.
#15Ladioss_soppPosted 5/1/2012 1:13:15 AM
wasn't stargazer setting something like, it starts out slow, but it gets faster and faster and has no limit? At least that's how I remember from the last episode when Selene explains it..
#16CA0001Posted 5/1/2012 2:28:48 AM
Stargazer is the exact example of what I meant that anything can accelerate close to the speed of light.

Stargazer's Voiture Lumiere system is a ring that somehow polarises or uses some sort of electromagnetic interference to bend or point light in a desired direction. It is a combination of two real technologies, the ion drive and solar sail.

The ion drive works by emitting a steady stream of small amounts of ions, in the vacuum of space, this is enough to slowly accelerate a spacecraft for a long time since it drains fuel extremely slowly. Given enough time, the spacecraft can accelerate to extremely high speeds.

The solar sail is literally a gigantic reflective sail that will reflect the light of stars and the sheer size of the sail means that the tiny amount of energy coming from the reflected light is enough to slowly accelerate the spacecraft to high speeds.

Stargazer's Voiture Lumiere essentially captures light from stars like the solar sail, then bends the light backwards of the MS and uses the light as propulsion like an ion drive. This ability to bend light is also why the Stargazer can bend beams around and point it back at the enemy .

By acceleration, Stargazer isn't exactly the fastest, but it definitely can get alot of fuel for mileage. Compare to the sheer acceleration of V2 Gundam, it is quite slow.

00 Quanta definitely is the fastest Gundam in canon, it teleports by quantising itself, breaking down to individual particles and using the Quantum Brainwaves of Setsuna through the GN Particles to send itself over great distances.
---
#17Shaded_PhoenixPosted 5/1/2012 3:47:43 AM

00 Quanta definitely is the fastest Gundam in canon, it teleports by quantising itself, breaking down to individual particles and using the Quantum Brainwaves of Setsuna through the GN Particles to send itself over great distances.

Which is less a matter of speed than a matter of bending space or creating a wormhole. It's not really being fast as much as it is cheating physics to travel a shorter distance.
---
The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
#18Seiten_TaisenPosted 5/1/2012 4:07:44 AM
By conventional speeds(ignoring said cheating of porting, cutting through space time and all that jazz), V2 is undoubtedly the fastest. It is among the very few MSes that are capable of breaking Earth's gravity and enter space on it's own.
#19CA0001Posted 5/1/2012 4:26:23 AM
V2 holds the official record for highest acceleration for all Gundams, there's no dispute for that.

But at the same time none of the AU Gundams have any official written speeds only on screen feats of speed.
---
#20sb6Posted 5/1/2012 10:55:28 AM
Well for what it's worth, the Gundam wiki lists stats like these.

Wing Zero: Rocket thrusters: 88150 kg total (OVA Version)

Tallgeese 3: Rocket thrusters: 87003 kg total

V2: Max Acceleration

20.0 G

Propulsion

Minovsky Drive: 2 x 16800 kg
Rocket Thrusters: 7 x 4770 kg
Vernier Thrusters/Apogee Motors: 42

I'm guessing the physics behind the Minovsky Drives would make the weaker thrust of them a different kind of measurement. Or...something.