Ideas for "special" runs?

#1Hikari_SwordPosted 6/7/2012 2:48:31 PM
There's the common no upgrade run. Someone was doing a Gundam run. There's probably other people doing run using only units for their favorite series' (ie Code Geass + Macross + VOTOMS only, etc...)

Mine:
1)S&M run, deploying only M and smaller sized units.
-Allowed to use pre-deployed or forced deployed units, but select only M and smaller sized units

Thoughts: Basically that one person's Gundam run but more expanded, and from what I know, a lot of them are extremely good units anyway so there'll probably be little to no difference at all with this and a regular run. I believe an L+ size run would be harder cause of how much fewer there are of them. S size only... I doubt that'll be possible in any way. Though an S&L run could work just fine.

2)Female run, deploying units piloted by female characters
-Allowed to use pre-deployed or forced deployed units, but select only units piloted by female characters (for cases such as the Getter and Aquarion, switch the pilot to a female at the beginning of each battle)
-Allowed to swap pilots around (ie Hilde in the Deathscythe)

Thoughts: Severely limited number of troops to deploy. The huge drop in units on field will likely make getting certain SR Points impossible if not just extremely difficult.
---
Nobunaga: Sacrificing my body to their puny gods is a waste of time.
http://oi43.tinypic.com/206zazl.jpg | http://i41.tinypic.com/15g7aqb.jpg
#2Kraker2kPosted 6/7/2012 2:53:55 PM
Hm, with an S+M run, you have a lot of awesome M sized units. Isn't Mazinger an M sized unit? An S only run would probably be more restrictive.
---
UK/PSN: Kraker2k
#3zoeilaPosted 6/7/2012 4:11:19 PM
im gonna do a female only run. i just need to decide what mechs to move characters like Fa,Hilde and Noin too. i might have to make an exception for basara and tieria tho.
---
PSPo2
Justina lvl 200 Human F Va30/Hu30/Ra30/Fo18 Lyca lvl 200 Beast F Hu30/Ra25/FO24/VA30 Alisha.EXE Cast F lvl lvl 120 HU16 Shayla lvl 87 newman F HU12/RA4
#4death250Posted 6/7/2012 4:23:07 PM
A "No movement run" except for the missions where you have to move 'x' unit to 'y' point
---
Every failure is another chance to success...(e.g.SRW)
#5death250Posted 6/7/2012 4:23:21 PM
A "No movement run" except for the missions where you have to move 'x' unit to 'y' point
---
Every failure is another chance to success...(e.g.SRW)
#6SilverboundPosted 6/7/2012 4:33:38 PM
zoeila posted...
im gonna do a female only run. i just need to decide what mechs to move characters like Fa,Hilde and Noin too. i might have to make an exception for basara and tieria tho.

Why include Basara? the game is totally different and worth a try without his hax.
#7Hikari_Sword(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 5:21:00 PM(edited)
zoeila posted...

If you're including Tieria cause he dressed like a girl, then Touma (Gravion) and Loran (Turn A) did that as well. Though for Basara, MY FRIENDS is a Mylene solo right? Other girls that help up in attacks are Athena for Kei (Orguss) and Soma for Hallelujiah.

Quick look through the units' sizes (at stage 45)
S - VOTOMs, Orguss, King Gainer, Code Geass
M - Tetsujin, Gaia, Xabungle, Gundams, Macross, Mazinger, Daigaurd, Eureka 7, Originals
L+ - Battleships, Zambot, Daitarn, Trider, God Sigma, Baldios, Godmars, Dancougars, Getter, Big O, Gravion, Aquarion, Gurren
---
Nobunaga: Sacrificing my body to their puny gods is a waste of time.
http://oi43.tinypic.com/206zazl.jpg | http://i41.tinypic.com/15g7aqb.jpg
#8RetsuxDPosted 6/7/2012 5:54:25 PM
NO EN CONSUMING ATTACKS
Though that would be more frustrating than anything, really.
#9ShoutaPosted 6/7/2012 7:49:40 PM
Repair and Refill units only would be mighty interesting in this. You get some potent units in those categories so it'd be pretty fun.

Only 10 pre-picked units through the entire game + whatever is required might also be interesting as well.
#10JL LeePosted 6/7/2012 8:59:30 PM
Or you could try the YOLO scenario where if someone actually blows up, you're never allowed to use that unit again. Tie it in with no intermission saves, makes for some interesting situations especially with pre-deployed units you must still bench :P
---
Currently playing: Taiko no Tatsujin Portable DX (PSP), Idolmaster 2 (PS3), Theatrhythm FF (3DS), SRW Z2 - Saisei-hen (PSP)
More topics from this board...
Best skill set for Chirico?dogboy66/30 3:36PM