Let's Play SRW Z2 Saisei Hen! (arranged version) v2

#21SazukeEXPosted 9/18/2012 7:31:48 AM
I know how you feel since I'm a Kallen fan. Thank you Banpresto for at least making her pairing canon even if it's just in SRW.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#22Shaded_PhoenixPosted 9/18/2012 8:43:28 AM
Except it never gets that far. Kallen and Lelouch only get Friendship bonuses... and yet Gino gets love. Even if it's not reciprocated. Though I admit that I'm kinda irritated that Lelouch's relationship bonuses have absolutely nothing to do with his canonical or in-game relations with any of those characters.
---
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.
#23SazukeEXPosted 9/18/2012 9:20:40 AM(edited)
Friendship bonuses are because they don't kiss, officially become an item, or say I love you(Okay, Lelouch doesn't since he's always thinking of Nunnally but it's obvious on Kallen's part). That doesn't change that the game heavily promoted it as the star Geass couple. C.C. was actually used as her role as a motherly figure/troll perfectly. Though it sucks they took out the Kallen kiss and gave C.C. 2 of them even if she doesn't get a Love Bonus with Lelouch which makes sense since she can't really love a mortal since all her past lovers are dead.

Gino gets love in the game? Never noticed since it makes zero sense considering he joins late and a lot of his scenes with Kallen weren't even in the game.
---
#24Shaded_PhoenixPosted 9/18/2012 10:45:55 AM
According to the Japanese, at least.
---
#25SazukeEXPosted 9/18/2012 12:15:22 PM
Which part?
---
#26Shaded_PhoenixPosted 9/18/2012 11:02:46 PM
According to the chart on the Japanese atwiki, Gino's Relationship bonus with Kallen is Love lv1. Not reciprocated, but it's there.

SazukeEX posted...
Friendship bonuses are because they don't kiss, officially become an item, or say I love you(Okay, Lelouch doesn't since he's always thinking of Nunnally but it's obvious on Kallen's part).

Ah, but Kamille and Fa don't kiss, nor do Lacus and Kira, or Kouji and Sayaka, or Chirico and Fyana, and I'm not sure if Shinn and Luna do in the Z series, either. And Klan and Michel have Love bonuses from the start, despite Michel playing hard to get all through the series. And Marguerite and Esther both have Love with Crowe. (though not reciprocated) It's normally given based on how the characters feel (and what we see them feeling), not merely on what's expressed in the game. There is reason for Lelouch only having friendship since he's pretty closed about that, so we really can't be sure, but Kallen is obvious enough.

And just as bad is Lelouch having Friendship with all of the Black Knights. He barely knows most of them, and when those people are Asahina and Chiba, it just gets weird - they never speak to him, and greatly distrust him and disapprove of working with him. And I could see Rivalry with Tohdoh and Xingke, but... Friendship? Outside of the IF Route, none of them even like him. I have no idea how Ohgi, of all people, gives Lelouch the same Lv2 Friend bonus as Jeremiah does. Jeremiah gets a Lv3 bonus from Lelouch, but still, Lelouch doesn't trust the two of them equally. And why does Kallen have Friendship with Gino and Anya when they're not friends, and Lelouch has nothing!? Kallen doesn't even talk with or meet Anya in canon, and her interactions with Gino aren't really friendly on her side, and Z2 isn't any different, while Gino and Anya get a little friendly with Lelouch at school, and Anya's only given motivation for joining Schneizel is "I don't like this Lelouch". I have no idea how these are being assigned, and the result makes no sense to me.

Then again, the definition for Friendship Lv1seems to be "barely knows who the other is" or "friend of a friend", despite that logically being the definition for "no bonus", and there are plenty of "no bonuses" being assigned to other characters.
---
#27SazukeEXPosted 9/19/2012 3:08:17 AM(edited)
I believe it's because in the Anime Lelouch never picked anyone in the harem so they went the safe route by making the story of z2 between them heavily Kallen x Lelouch bias but kept out the Love bonuses to avoid angering fans.

Basically the bonuses don't make all that much sense considering they don't really take into consideration what happens in the game. Since Lelouch died in the Anime before opening up he doesn't get a Love bonus. Though the strangest thing is that Kallen, even in the Anime, doesn't get a Love Bonus either despite it being obvious even in the games that she loves him to death and would die for him if he says he loves her too.

I don't understand why those two have Bonuses with Lelouch since they don't trust him by the time of z2.2 and blame him for what happened at the end of z2.1. They even support Leouch being thrown out without a second thought, so it's confusing since they have no Anime or in-game reason to have those Bonuses at all nor do I think anyone cares if they have Friendship with Lelouch. So who were they pandering to by giving those bonuses....? They're side characters and aren't a part of the shipping war for Lelouch's virginity so they don't have to do anything with them....
---
#28gvz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 4:54:46 PM
Stage 49 done

http://www.saint-ism.com/lets-play-super-robot-wars-z2-saisei-hen/stage-49-zero-and-lelouch/

Translated about 90% of the dialogue in this stage, including the lead up to the route choice.
---
Let's Play! SRWZ2 Hakai Hen - www.saint-ism.com/lets-play-super-robot-wars-z2/
SRW Z2 Saisei Hen - www.saint-ism.com/lets-play-super-robot-wars-z2-saisei-hen/
#29SazukeEXPosted 9/21/2012 6:12:43 PM
That was a lot of translated dialogue!
---
#30starqoPosted 9/21/2012 6:59:12 PM
You never fail to impress me.

I look forward to the Black Knights Route. Thank you and good work.