Let's Play SRW Z2 Saisei Hen! (arranged version) v2

#31180223Posted 9/21/2012 10:07:24 PM
Saint, just a word of advice. Try not to use any anime scenes or songs in your future vids. Cause you never know when Youtube will give you a strike for using a song or anime scene without permission.

I learnt it the hard way and had to suffer for 6 months with just a 15 minute limit for my vids. Thank god my strike got removed yesterday.
#32gvz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 11:32:33 PM
Really? I thought normally they just block your video (or in the case of music they mute the audio track).

Anyway can I ask how much footage you used that got you your strike?
---
Let's Play! SRWZ2 Hakai Hen - www.saint-ism.com/lets-play-super-robot-wars-z2/
SRW Z2 Saisei Hen - www.saint-ism.com/lets-play-super-robot-wars-z2-saisei-hen/
#33180223Posted 9/22/2012 12:18:46 AM(edited)
gvz posted...
Really? I thought normally they just block your video (or in the case of music they mute the audio track).

Anyway can I ask how much footage you used that got you your strike?

I got my strike for making an AMV with Jam Project songs. It actually depends on your luck but I have seen many accounts that got suspended when they mixed gameplay vids with anime footage.

Its best to use instrumental or BGMs as your audio tracks cause any official songs will attract unwanted attention. In my case, Lantis(the company in charge of publishing music) was the one that caused me to get a strike.
#34gvz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 2:48:59 AM
Thanks, I'm aware of the risks. I have had a video blocked previously for using one of TM Revolution's songs, though I did not receive a strike or such.

So you got busted for the song and not the footage then? I had a quick read and it seems you can dispute use of footage in AMV etc as fair use.
---
#35180223Posted 9/22/2012 5:12:17 AM
The thing is that they gave me a strike without giving me a chance to dispute the claim. It can happen like that if the company itself wants the video removed and not one of Youtube's filters.

Then again, your vids must be popular enough to catch their attention. My vid had about 20k views and rising so it could have caught the company's attention.
#36SazukeEXPosted 9/22/2012 5:55:27 AM
Not the first time mods dish out punishments and than ignore any disputes to the punishment.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#37gvz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 7:17:08 PM
Can anyone who's played stage 51 of the normal route (it's the one where you fight Schneizel in the Damocles) please tell me:

is the background the same as stage 52 of the ZEXIS route? (it's mount Fuji broken in half and smouldering).

Thanks
---
#38SazukeEXPosted 9/27/2012 3:30:25 AM
The Schneziel fight is the same stage regardless of route, it's the Mount Fuji one. nly Mount Fuji isn't ruined until Schneziel arrives if I recall correctly.
---
#39gvz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 4:44:13 PM
So in the normal route, since Schneizel is already there at the start of the mission is Mt Fuji already ruined?

Need to know for video planning purposes. Thanks.
---
#40SazukeEXPosted 9/27/2012 8:58:25 PM(edited)
No, in Normal Route it doesn't get ruined into mid battle as well. I think Lelouch triggers the ruin that time. Or Schneziel again.. I haven't done normal in awhile because I hate it. There should be a youtube vid of that stage though.
---