Gamepad support

#1Drooling_IguanaPosted 4/4/2012 7:28:41 PM
Does this game support standard USB gamepads, or is it one of the games that only works with an Xbox360 controller?
#2freezingicekirbPosted 4/4/2012 9:00:39 PM(edited)
Despite using a Wired 360 controller, I decided to try using one of my other controllers, just to see if it could work for you (I have an old "Hammerhead Interact" usb controller, which is a good ten+ years old).

The controller worked just fine, though you have to go into the options and set the controls manually. The only drawback is that if you set the movement buttons to a D-pad, things won't work out so well (if you press the D-pad to move in any diagonal direction, Rayman will freeze in place). You'll have to set it to an analog stick for it to work properly.

Other than that, "Pause" can't be set to the controller either... You'll still have to hit the esc button to enter the pause menu (unless you use Xpadder or JoyToKey to set it manually).

Hope this helps (Just remember, a demo is available of this game. Download the demo first, and use that as a test to see how things work out for you).
---
Richter Belmont- Die monster! You don't belong in this world!!!!
*Flushes Toilet*
#3Drooling_Iguana(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 9:36:25 PM
My gamepad has a mode to allow it to treat the D-pad as an analog stick, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks. I was afraid this would be another game like the PC port of Prince of Persia 2008, which was rendered pretty much unplayable to me due to its lack of support for standard gamepads (playing a third-person action/adventure game like PoP with a mouse/keyboard is like playing an FPS with a gamepad, i.e. just plain wrong.)
#4freezingicekirbPosted 4/5/2012 8:37:53 AM
Hey, you're welcome. Glad I could help.

Despite not playing too many modern-day PC games (my graphics card can't really handle them, which surprised me when I found out that I could play this game without lag, even in 720p), I do know what you mean. When I bought Darksiders, the game just simply wouldn't work with any of my USB gamepads. I couldn't customize the button layout, though the worst thing was that the camera would just shoot straight up, making it practically impossible to play. I think they designed it like that on purpose though, just so I'd go out and waste money on a 360 controller...
---
Richter Belmont- Die monster! You don't belong in this world!!!!
*Flushes Toilet*
#5SHATTER_FORCEPosted 4/7/2012 8:07:53 PM
Logitech 710 gamepad here it works.
---
If a verb is something you do..... Then is "GIRL" a verb?
Black FC - 0905 7841 8040 | http://Pokemon.AHalfFast.com