Small issue with the game.

#1omegafoxlordPosted 10/7/2012 9:36:48 PM
SO I bought the game expecting to have a hell of a good time with it, however for some reason whenever I try to play I encounter a small issue.

The game loads fine. I see the little island and the start game button on the bottom screen. When I hit the start game button it asks if I'm ready to play because the game requires movement. If I answer no I'm sent back to the island, if I answer yes, my screen goes dark (sometimes with an odd stagnated line from top to bottom on the right side) then the game crashes saying there's a problem with the game, then it resets my system. Does anyone else have this issue? I had the same problem with the demo but I figured it was just a glitch in the demo. Now that I've spent ten dollars on the game I'm a little pissed off.
---
Person who has eliminated an Eliminator!
#2IAznDragonI YanPosted 10/7/2012 9:44:57 PM
it went to camera mode. go find some denpa men to catch.
---
Friendship...is dangerous. What you need now isn't friendship - it's ruthlessness
- Tachibana
#3omegafoxlord(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 9:47:20 PM
How do I find denpa men if it crashes my entire system? Wait, is that how the game starts? Going to camera mode?
---
#4Chaosmaster00Posted 10/7/2012 9:50:23 PM
Did you even read his whole post? His game crashed, it didn't make it to the camera mode like it should have.

Anyways, that's the first I've heard of it TC. You updated your system to the most recent update? Any hardware edits or homebrew or whatever? I can't see it being anything but your 3DS that could cause it. Any problems with any other games in the past? And lastly, do you have an SD Card in the system?
---
PSZ FC: Chaos - 0904 7982 4572 | 1054 Rappy Souls
My invisionfree forum for most things PSZ: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Final_Phantasy_Zero
#5IAznDragonI YanPosted 10/7/2012 9:53:50 PM
re download the game. format your sd card. hell, you might even need to format the 3ds or get a new one.
=p
---
Friendship...is dangerous. What you need now isn't friendship - it's ruthlessness
- Tachibana
#6omegafoxlord(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 9:54:53 PM
I don't do things like homebrew because I like having standardized, reliable info on my systems. As for updates, it forced me to update my system when I went onto the shop to buy the game. I've had no other issues with other games, just this one and it's demo. And yes, I do have and SD card in there. Though thinking about that, IDK if it's the one that came with the system or not, if so, is it possible that it's run out of memory? Cause if it has, it never stated anything about it.
---
#7Chaosmaster00Posted 10/7/2012 9:59:44 PM
It should have told you when you downloaded it if it had enough memory for the game, so I highly doubt it was due to downloading with insufficient memory.

My best guess would be to just do what AZN said and reformat your SD Card (after transferring all other data you would like to keep), and redownload it, if you can do so without having ti pay for it again. If not, then I'm sorry that I cannot be of much more use. :/
---
PSZ FC: Chaos - 0904 7982 4572 | 1054 Rappy Souls
My invisionfree forum for most things PSZ: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Final_Phantasy_Zero
#8GipigPosted 10/7/2012 10:21:23 PM(edited)
This is an issue with the camera, not the game. The same thing happened to some people with Kingdom Hearts.

Unfortunately, the only fix I know of is to get a new 3DS. Hopefully yours is relatively new, so you can take it to wherever you bought it and exchange it for a working unit. If you explain, they should let you transfer your data between the systems.

Out of curiosity, do you have the midnight purple 3DS? Because I think they had an issue with their cameras.

Edit: You can also send your 3DS to get repaired.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ts_system.jsp
#9IAznDragonI YanPosted 10/7/2012 10:04:26 PM
you can redownload things you bought as many times as you want. so yeah, copy your info from sd card to pc then format the sd card and then copy the files from pc to sd and redownload the game to see if it works. if not, either formatting the system or getting a new system are your only other choices.
---
- Tachibana
#10WitchBaby4200Posted 10/7/2012 10:33:20 PM
Damn TC, that sucks! I'm so sorry you have to go through this! :( Good luck getting it fixed! What may be a good idea is to call Nintendo Support. When my DS broke I called them up right away and they had me send it away to get fixed. They were EXTREMELY helpful and were able to fix the problem immediately, and efficiently. I had my DS back within the same week I sent it out! They were very helpful on the phone, too! Walked me through everything to check to make sure I couldn't fix the problem myself. I had to pay under a 100.00 to get it fixed, because my warranty was up on it, but it was well worth it. I'm really attached to my electronics and hate having to sell them to upgrade to a new model, or whatever. If you have no attachment whatsoever to your 3DS, and if it costs more to fix than taking it in to get a new one, then go with getting a new one. Again, good luck!
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.