Fantastic trip down memory lane.

#1MrMikeMaPosted 11/16/2012 8:24:48 AM
I can see why people are hesitant to drop 10 bucks on this, but I gotta say that if you played and enjoyed the original, it's such a brilliant remake.

It's definitely an easy game to beat, but difficult game to master.

The best thing about this game is how addictive it is. This game is nothing but fight and fight after fight from beginning to end, there are no loading screens to break up the immersion, only a few cutscenes. It really plays out like a short action movie. There are so many different looking enemies to fight, and so many of them play attack with different patterns to keep you on the edge of your toes.

It took about 35 minutes to beat it first time, but was only able to do it with the final character, and had to still retry with that character 4 times to do it. And retrying costs 3000 points off your score, so you can do this only so many times. The point of this game is beat it with the "true love" first character, and after you manage that, do it without using healing potions,

This is a great pick up and play game.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#2Lou420Posted 11/17/2012 7:43:55 AM
Agreed. It's fun to play, not so hard to beat, and very challenging to master. My only regret is the lack of inclusion of the original. It would've been fun to play it on the big screen. I'm just glad I still have a functioning Apple IIgs and Karateka on 5.25 floppy.
---
"Tell 'em, Steve-Dave."-Walt the Fanboy
#3Celiria_RosePosted 11/19/2012 9:22:18 PM
Maybe I just suck then because I haven't managed to beat it yet. I usually lose the true love around the covered bridge, the monk shortly before the castle, and the brute against akuma whose I can never manage to block.
#4MrMikeMa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 7:12:11 AM
That's the real joy of this game - it IS hard.

I still cannot beat it with the true love or the monk.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/