good "first" civilization game to play?

#1gleddy550Posted 7/19/2012 7:35:04 PM
hey everyone i was thinking about picking up civilization 5 i have never played them but i love rts but im looking for something new. starcraft 2 is too much where you cant even enjoy the game cause you get rushed in 2 minutes by some mlg guy. i love age of empires 2 but i feel like nothing has matched up to that. i heard that this is a really good civilization and i heard 4 was really good. thanks for any help
#2No_MegaPosted 7/20/2012 12:47:23 PM
I love Civ 5. I tried, but couldn't get into Civ 4. The combat feels better with only 1 unit per tile (Civ 4 armies are dozens of units stacked on a single tile) and hex based movement. Civilizations feel more distinct in Civ 5 as well.

The franchise in on sale at steam today for a huge discount, so you could try both games very cheaply.
#3GhetiPosted 7/24/2012 4:24:39 PM
civ 2 for playstation is where it all started for me... the pc version might be a good place to test the waters
#4SmackemsPosted 7/31/2012 10:41:55 PM
Gheti posted...
civ 2 for playstation is where it all started for me... the pc version might be a good place to test the waters

Same for me. I played Civ Revolution on 360 and that kindled my love for the franchise. Started with 3 on PC. I would say start with 4 or 5.
---
Common sense is the most uncommon thing in the world-some dude.