No more capturing of non-coastal cities

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings
  3. No more capturing of non-coastal cities

User Info: KaneOfShadows

KaneOfShadows
4 years ago#1
So, Siege weapons get destroyed relatively in about two hits and it takes that much time to set them up in range of a city. Goodbye, city capture.

User Info: Bgrape

Bgrape
4 years ago#2
Actually if you rush towards newer siege units then you can easily take cities without worrying about this. A good example is when I took two cities in four turns with three cannons and a musketman. I was the most technologically advanced and so I rushed towards chemistry to grab cannons. Korea the technologically inferior wasn't expecting cannons.
This is minecraft. Why would you want to deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up.

User Info: KaneOfShadows

KaneOfShadows
4 years ago#3
Well, I was trying to use The Huns' Battering Ram because I thought it would give me a nice early rush advantage, but by the time that gets to the city it's already destroyed. I even used the old ploy of sending in weaker military units as distractions, but the AI somehow grew some intelligence with this expansion and targets my siege weapons first.

I decided not to crank out new siege units until I had the Armory so I could throw the Cover upgrade on there. That solved the problem.
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings
  3. No more capturing of non-coastal cities

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived