How did this happen?

#1KromagnumPosted 1/3/2013 8:49:14 PM
I was scanning across my empire when I noticed this on the map. It was a single tile of my territory that was not connected to any city.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2repkw9.jpg

It wasn't a big deal, I ended up taking all that territory by force anyway. I just found it odd.
---
PSN: glenn220
Ain't no shook hands in Brooklyn, grab ya balls and man up! -Telly2588
#2cwjakesteelPosted 1/5/2013 6:26:13 PM
Well that happens in real life too. Just look at India.

That's because the City state expanded to that oasis since it thought it was more valuable than the empty desert space.

Oh, but I'm thinking of Civilization Revolution and Civilization 4, where your civ's tiles aren't set. They can be taken over with culture.

So that means that the answer is that the city state and that other civ already closed you in, but you expanded past them.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#3Kromagnum(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 5:10:05 PM
I see. Well, this was the first game that I made it to endgame, where almost all territory is claimed by someone. Upon playing further, I've noticed that this happens pretty often. That was just the first time I had seen it. I thought that all claimed tiles had to be directly connected to a city.
---
PSN: glenn220
Ain't no shook hands in Brooklyn, grab ya balls and man up! -Telly2588