Difference with steam version?

#1codo141Posted 10/9/2012 6:53:42 PM
Was gonna get this for steam originally, never knew it'd come out on Vita. o.o Can anyone tell me the differences, aside from obvious control changes? (Unless it's touch screen stuff, tell me about that if it has any.)
---
"**** off."
#2teffyPosted 10/9/2012 6:58:33 PM
The Vita version has SOME additional visual options based on old handheld consoles. Other than that all versions are identical in terms of content.
---
But... you didn't even any sense. At all. - gandob
#3codo141(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 7:04:50 PM
Ah, alrighty. So can I get an answer as to which has the 'most' really? Like... More minigames, or more characters, all that? o.o As again, trying to decide which to get it on, since I only intend on buying this game once. xD Please help!
---
"**** off."
#4maiden1993Posted 10/9/2012 7:16:57 PM
teffy posted...
The Vita version has SOME additional visual options based on old handheld consoles. Other than that all versions are identical in terms of content.

Except for the XBLA version, which I think will feature a Splosion Man stage.
#5AnimorganimatePosted 10/9/2012 7:32:46 PM
The difference is with the Vita, you can play the game on the go, which is always better.
---
...methodical; exacting; and worst of all - patient.
#6teffyPosted 10/9/2012 8:19:21 PM(edited)
This version gives you two versions for one - you get PS3 and PSP versions, and the PSV has exclusive graphic options, AND you can cross-save ingame (save game to cloud via menu -> load game via cloud on other system), while the XBLA version is the same price and has ONE extra stage, apparently (Splosion Man). He may or may not be a character as well.

So it looks like each version has its pros (Steam is on PC, PS3/PSV cross-buy and extra graphics on Vita, XBLA has Splosion Man), so get what you prefer? Personally 2 versions for one price is pretty good, IMO.
---
But... you didn't even any sense. At all. - gandob
#7codo141(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 4:27:29 PM
Hm... I noticed this game had more cheats, and more 'characters' (Does being a different character offer any powers, or are they just skins?), but less achievements. So far, Vita's SOUNDING better, but when I read the achievements you get in the PC version, it makes me wonder if those same kind of things can at least be DONE in the Vita version. Do you get the bionic arm in the vita version, or other assorted weapons that are in the PC version as well? Do they have the same mini-games? Missions? Just -any- differences whatsoever please!
---
"**** off."
#8teffyPosted 10/11/2012 6:54:18 PM(edited)
All ingame content is identical across all versions. Having completed it last night, looks like the Splosion Man content has a Non-MicroSoft-friendly replacement, so the stages and number of characters are the same across all versions.

Vita still has more visual modes, Steam has more achievements, XBox *may* have Splosion Man himself (or it may have been cut entirely)

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#9Abiz_Posted 10/13/2012 9:55:22 PM
looks like the Splosion Man content has a Non-MicroSoft-friendly replacement

How is it not MS friendly? You got me curious.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#10teffyPosted 10/13/2012 11:31:38 PM
Abiz_ posted...
looks like the Splosion Man content has a Non-MicroSoft-friendly replacement

How is it not MS friendly? You got me curious.

As in friendly to every other platform, sorry that was confusing. Splosion Man is owned by MicroSoft so he can't be included, so he was replaced to avoid legal problems on other consoles.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10