This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The announcement of B/W2 made me realize one thing...

#1glitchunter75Posted 2/27/2012 3:13:05 PM
Which storyline is canon? With no single 3rd version, which one is it?

What did Reshi/Zek stand for again? One was truth and the other was ideals, but can't remember right now which was which? BUt then again, the PC and N could be argued to stand for one of those or the other!

Ugh... it's so confusing...

Also on a side note, will Kyurem's new forms get a new variation on the Reshi/Zek/Kyu (a.k.a the Tao Trio) theme song? Perhaps a fusion of the respective themes?
---
"What, guns are bad, but crossdressing cheerleaders are A-OK?!"
-My high school, The Abridged Series
#2BKXDPosted 2/27/2012 3:15:39 PM
Either one, it seems there's a split timeline here.
---
http://passid.ca/nwi (my 3DS info, PM me if you add me)
Official Butterfree and Empoleon of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Boards
#3DeuxHeroPosted 2/27/2012 3:16:00 PM
Black is canon for Black 2 and White is canon for White 2.
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#4CervosiPosted 2/27/2012 3:16:19 PM
All storylines are canon.

All of them.

But seriously. It's whatever.

In White, you get Zekrom because N gets the 'matching color one', Reshiram.

However, White 2 has Kyurem White, implying that you kept Zekrom and Reshiram, well, did a thing, since N makes a habit not to keep pokemon.
---
Bluh bluh.
#5Reborn_SigmaPosted 2/27/2012 3:18:29 PM
I'm guessing the ones where N has Zekrom are canon, as Team Plasma's battle intro has blue electricity and lightning was striking as their castle appeared. Also, Zekrom sided with the brother who believed in ideals. I'd say ideals fit N more than truth.
---
Officially Porygon-Z of the Black Version 2 board.
#6CervosiPosted 2/27/2012 3:20:18 PM
Well, all I'm saying is that Black 2 will continue where Black left off while White 2 will do the same with White.

Like I said, The first games have the opposite color legendary for you to get (Because, ironically, the pokemon that was the main focus was not yours to get), while the second games star Kyurem matching the box art.

Basically:

Black: Reshiram (White)
Black 2: Kyurem Black

White: Zekrom (Black)
White 2: Kyurem White
---
Bluh bluh.
#7gamester_12345Posted 2/27/2012 3:56:19 PM
Assuming that B/W 2 are true sequals...we can see a few possible things occuring...

Perhaps in the original timeline N gets the opposite Legend as the main character....
In the future timeline maybe a house will be built for the gender you'll pick, that way the games are truely a sequel, assuming N lets his legend go, could canonically mean that one has Reshiram and the other has Zekrom...

SPOILERS

Ghetsis will probably get the God Stone with the assistance of the Two Goddesses...forget their names (wasn't one called Concordia?) but anyway, Kyurem will probably be "incomplete, yet complete" with the God Stone, assuming the opposite form of the Legendary which N set free, how does N fit into this?

Whilst all this happens, Ghetsis probably had a backup plan, causing either a Technological or a Economical collapse throughout the Unova Region.

with the "Natural" thing being the cause of the severing of the Pokemon PC System in someway, without Pokemon, their buildings eventually colapse and Criminals has free reign on the region, whilst the opposite is a Technological Improvement imposed by Ghetsis, at first everyone is pleased with the advancement but then they discover that he has entire cities in lockdown, turning a blind eye to criminals.

Essencially Black will be Naturalized, whilst White Advances, filling both plots of the coin...for all purposes, if there is any continuity nods in later games, chances are it'll be Gender Neutral but mentions a Dragon.

More possibilities is that having a game set in the future leaves in the hook for Ruby and Sapphire, think about it.....If the Remake was set in the past yet can connect to a Future game, would there be 2 different sets of Frontier Brains? (it would be even more startling if you saw Steven Stone taking the unused Starter, alluding to which starter he handed to Gold/Lyra)

Would love to see a future Lucy and Anabel. <3

Setting it in the future would solve a lot of new bumps that the 3rd gen introduced. :D
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2278
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Boris
#8Kris_is_LyraPosted 2/27/2012 3:57:23 PM
There's two different timelines.

Standard history (SH): Zekrom chose N and he followed his ideals, while Reshiram chose the player and he revealed the truth.

Alternate history (AH): Reshiram chose N and he searched for the truth, while Zekrom chose the player and he followed his ideals.
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#9gamester_12345Posted 2/27/2012 4:06:18 PM
I guess the only possible flaw with my whole opposite gender being in the future thing is which starter do they get, if all 3 were claimed. 0,0

The Frontier Brain thing is still something to be concerned about, i assume that HG/SS had the same area/brains for the sake of compatibility with Platinum, since there are no other Gen 5 main series games yet, they might aswell do a preemptive strike by sticking in the Hoenn Brains. (assuming that they're still frontier brains in the possible remake)
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2278
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Boris
#10DeuxHeroPosted 2/27/2012 5:54:53 PM
Kris_is_Lyra posted...
There's two different timelines.

Standard history (SH): Zekrom chose N and he followed his ideals, while Reshiram chose the player and he revealed the truth.

Alternate history (AH): Reshiram chose N and he searched for the truth, while Zekrom chose the player and he followed his ideals.

So how two timelines bleeding over work then?
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex