This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon "Gray" is still coming. (Personal theory)

#1PokeclipsePosted 2/27/2012 3:44:43 PM
Black and White introduced Reshiram and Zekrom. Two distinct beings, one representing truth, the other ideals. Kyurem played a small, mysterious role and was hinted to be the "husk" of what was once a greater dragon.

Black 2 and White 2 will expand on Kyurem, and feature its ability to fuse with (or otherwise borrow the power of) either Reshiram or Zekrom. While it will undoubtedly be more powerful than it was in the original BW, Kyurem is not complete in this form, for it is missing the remaining dragon's power. In addition to exploring unseen parts of Unova, the protagonist will also travel to a futuristic Hoenn in order to pursue N and the remnants of Team Plasma.

The final part of this trilogy (and also the first 3DS-enhanced title), a singular game called Pokemon Black & White 3 (the 3 will be colored yellow, to complete the RBY logo homage and also to represent Kyurem's eyes), will see the Tao trio finally become one again as Kyurem is united with both Reshiram and Zekrom (thus giving us the "Gray" version we expected from the beginning). Story-wise, the protagonist will be tasked with foiling Team Plasma and a resurgent Team Rocket once and for all. The journey will reach its climax as we return to the Kanto region, where the Pokemon World Championship is held (along with a Spring Contest Festival, as mentioned in FRLG). There, champions from generations past, from Red to Cynthia, will be competing to see who is the greatest Pokemon Master. Can you prevail in what will surely be the toughest in-game battles you have ever endured?

My reasoning for including Hoenn and Kanto as visitable regions is that I don't believe their respective games will be remade - remember that the 3DS has its own Virtual Console, and Nintendo will surely opt to sell RSE (along with FRLG) as downloadable titles. Compatibility with current generation games could be accomplished via a Pal Park-like mechanism, or perhaps even a "Pokemon Box" app for DSi and 3DS that would serve as an inter-game storage method (which would be especially useful for players who have only one DS/3DS and wish to transfer Pokemon between games). Why remake a game when you have a readily available conduit to sell and distribute the original, with little to no development time or money required? Plus, the inclusion of said regions (relatively watered down of course) in modern titles would help to promote sales of the Virtual Console classics.
---
MK7 name: Shane
http://i.imgur.com/ayJYA.jpg
#2SakurafanboyPosted 2/27/2012 4:27:30 PM
Thing is eShop brings in significantly less money. GameFREAK and Nintendo know damn well R/S remakes would sell (even you Hoenn haters would buy them in the end, saying you wouldn't is being delusional). So why would they sell them for $9.99 on eShop when they can get away with a $40 price tag at retail? >_>
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#3jayman7Posted 2/27/2012 4:34:43 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Thing is eShop brings in significantly less money.

Not necessarily. Physical cartridges require material and distribution costs. After production costs are covered, eShop is almost pure profit, despite the lower price.

But cartridges can be more flexible with hardware.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4ares9090Posted 2/27/2012 4:47:56 PM
Excuse my ignorance but, when or where in the games is hinted that Kyurem is a "husk" of the "whole" dragon?

All we know, and it is official is that it fell from the sky in a meteorite, everything else you can say is a fanfict bull****.
---
Platinum FC Ares 3695 6100 4083 <> Black FC Ares 0389 8392 9652
Dream World Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#5Le_DerpstickPosted 2/27/2012 4:49:33 PM
ares9090 posted...
Excuse my ignorance but, when or where in the games is hinted that Kyurem is a "husk" of the "whole" dragon?

All we know, and it is official is that it fell from the sky in a meteorite, everything else you can say is a fanfict bull****.

-it's typing
-it's appearance
-these new kyurems
-the lore

Though I honestly don't recall anything specific about Kyurem in the game, or its relation to the other two, it is clearly a counterpart, and it's typing is a clear suggestion about its nature in relation to the other two.
---
Officially Self-Proclaimed Black Kyurem and N of the Pokemon Black Version 2 Board. Yeah I went there. You mad, bros?
#6Pokeclipse(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 10:08:11 PM
Bump
---
MK7 name: Shane
http://i.imgur.com/ayJYA.jpg
#7akurixsPosted 2/27/2012 10:10:57 PM
Le_Derpstick posted...
ares9090 posted...

-it's typing
-it's appearance
-these new kyurems
-the lore

Though I honestly don't recall anything specific about Kyurem in the game, or its relation to the other two, it is clearly a counterpart, and it's typing is a clear suggestion about its nature in relation to the other two.

It's still an assumption.
---
"Today, world. This is basic spoken. God inhale computer. Hardly consumer, but with a modest water fowl." -Babelfish
#8celticsagePosted 2/27/2012 10:13:15 PM
Since the third version is B&W2, I guess the BW remake will be one game and they will name it Best Wishes Grey.
---
It's good to be king...unless Mario's chasing you
Pokemon Black 2752-0405-8925
#9PrinnyWinPosted 2/27/2012 10:25:55 PM
I actually think there WILL be a third version.
Not for B/W but for B2/W2.

And that's possibly when we will get to see full form Kyurem/Original Dragon.

Just a hunch.
Along with the fact that more Pokemon games print more money.
---
"If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I'm convinced that these two are blind."- Phoenix Wright, AA:T&T.