This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think this is going to be an actual, unique sequel?

#31forest_wanderer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 8:49:23 PM
brawl__08 posted...
forest_wanderer posted...
Here's the problem, you're using an example where the counterargument (Gays should not burn in hell) has heaps of evidence in its favor. In this situation, disagreeing with my original post (BW2 will be official, 100% sequels) has literally no evidence to support it.

There's no evidence to support it'll be like a third version.

There's evidence to suggest it won't be a third version and instead it will be a sequel (two versions instead of one, Gold and Silver were originally the same in that they were called Pokemon 2).

For over a decade, they've released an enhanced version some time after the originals, that took place in the same world, was based off of the original game, usually with Pokemon alternate forms. After stating they 'won't be releasing a third version' this time around, they then announce games that take place in the BW world, are based off of BW, and have Kyurem with alternate forms. That's not evidence?

Honestly, like I said. It sounds like a marketing ploy to win people over who never buy third versions. I got a feeling you're all gonna be really disappointed come next month, or whenever they reveal new info. This is just turning into a semantics argument now, since the Forum Police are throwing a tantrum based on their delusions for a game they know nothing about, so I'm not even gonna bother.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
#32RunebogglePosted 2/27/2012 8:51:33 PM

For over a decade, they've released an enhanced version some time after the originals, that took place in the same world, was based off of the original game, usually with Pokemon alternate forms. After stating they 'won't be releasing a third version' this time around, they then announce games that take place in the BW world, are based off of BW, and have Kyurem with alternate forms. That's not evidence?

They've introduced alternate formes once in a third game.
It's not evidence when the pattern has been broken, man. What part of that aren't you getting?
The closest we have to this is GSC.
---
Si || Smogang or get swept by a Sandile!
#33objection215Posted 2/27/2012 8:55:11 PM
^
actually dude, speed deoxys was introduced in emerald. past two third versions had alts.
---
gingerbread men... great cookie, or... greatest cookie ever?
#34Skull_proPosted 2/27/2012 8:55:51 PM
Runeboggle posted...
They've introduced alternate formes once in a third game.

Deoxys,Shaymin Giratina and Unown would all like a word with you. (all of these Pokemon, (in teh case of Unown, the ? and ! forms) have been introduced in other games than the base versions)
---
http://digimonworlddawndusk.proboards.com/index.cgi
The new Digimon World Dawn/Dusk, created on Janurary 1st 2012!
#35brawl__08Posted 2/27/2012 8:57:55 PM
MileRun posted...
Well, I have to disagree here. While I think that the bulk of the our info points towards a sequel, GameFreak's publication history and the fact that the games are being released this soon after BW vanilla can be taken as evidence towards an updated release. I wouldn't count it out so easily.

The "2" also suggests it's a followup. If it were the same game with updates, clearly it wouldn't be a "2".

forest_wanderer posted...

They never said it took place in the BW world, only that it's a direct sequel to BW.

Last I checked, Johto wasn't Kanto, and GS were supposed to be direct sequels to the original RB.

Only Giratina has ever had an alternate forme.

There's nothing to suggest it's based off of the original game other than the title being Black 2 and White 2, which more so suggests a sequel because the title isn't something similar to those two like "Grey", as Platinum, Emerald, Crystal, and Blue/Yellow were.

I don't believe I missed anything there.

Honestly, like I said. It sounds like a marketing ploy to win people over who never buy third versions. I got a feeling you're all gonna be really disappointed come next month, or whenever they reveal new info. This is just turning into a semantics argument now, since the Forum Police are throwing a tantrum based on their delusions for a game they know nothing about, so I'm not even gonna bother.

It's a game you know nothing about either, and yet it already holds concrete connections to gen 2 than the flimsy connections it holds to third versions.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#36brawl__08Posted 2/27/2012 8:58:59 PM
objection215 posted...
^
actually dude, speed deoxys was introduced in emerald. past two third versions had alts.

Skull_pro posted...
Deoxys,Shaymin Giratina and Unown would all like a word with you. (all of these Pokemon, (in teh case of Unown, the ? and ! forms) have been introduced in other games than the base versions)

Giratina is the only one that matters here.

Deoxys, Shaymin, and Unown aren't version mascots.

This should REALLY go without saying.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#37RunebogglePosted 2/27/2012 8:59:06 PM

>Deoxys/Unown
Already had alternate formes.

>Shaymin/Giratina
Hence the "once."
---
Si || Dyrim, the Speaker