This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whyyy do people want this game to be set in Hoenn?

#11jayman7Posted 2/28/2012 2:51:39 PM
I'm sorry, it's hard to take you seriously when your "Whyyy" makes you look like a child whining. "Whyyy do I have to go to bed, mommy?"

We don't know anything about these games save the Kyurem formes, but a lot of the speculation involves:

- Ruby and Sapphire took place many years BEFORE Black and White, so remakes make less sense than a game simply taking place in Hoenn.
- Hoenn doesn't have a DS version
- N is said to have left Unova with his dragon to go to a far-off land; a common theory is that this game will tie up the cliffhangers left at the end of B/W.
- I don't agree with this one, but some point out that parts of the titles resemble a ruby and sapphire in the background.

But we don't know, and I'm not going to say this game WILL take place in Hoenn. But I'm also not ruling it out.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#12MangledSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2012 2:55:37 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...

Nintendo doesn't even acknowledge the GBA anymore lmao. You think they'd be like "play it on this old, outdated system of ours that makes us no money" or would they put it on the 3DS which is selling quite well. I could see a R/S remakes being bundled with some 3DSes ala B/W was with DSes.

GameBoy Advance has been dead for many years now, its not a valid platform. Nor is the regular DS or DSLite. Nintendo's moving on from them. So really with them only making DSi - 3DS right now, none of them can play Ruby or Sapphire.

ORLY? Well I play. As do many other people. I think dead is an exaggeration. Sure, no one particularly plays it any more.. but people (myself included) still play it. For a while I would look around and collect Mega Man Battle Network games, and anything else that caught my interest. I still have a bunch of reasons to play it. It may be dead in your eyes, and possibly Nintendo's too, but it is not gone.

I'm sorry, but I feel like what you said was pointless. I still stand by my original statement, YOU CAN STILL PLAY IT ON THE GBA OR DS.
---
PSWii60
Gamertag: Medighost / PSN: Broken___ (three underscores)
#13MangledSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2012 2:57:00 PM
jayman7 posted...
I'm sorry, it's hard to take you seriously when your "Whyyy" makes you look like a child whining. "Whyyy do I have to go to bed, mommy?"

But you still took me seriously, didn't you? ;)
It was out of annoyance, I'm sure you knew that. No need to troll.
---
PSWii60
#14jayman7Posted 2/28/2012 2:58:02 PM
I wasn't trolling, I was stating, and trying to get to to stop going "Whyyyyyy", which is annoying. I still went on to describe the situation totally seriously.
---
#15SakurafanboyPosted 2/28/2012 3:00:06 PM
MangledSnake posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

Nintendo doesn't even acknowledge the GBA anymore lmao. You think they'd be like "play it on this old, outdated system of ours that makes us no money" or would they put it on the 3DS which is selling quite well. I could see a R/S remakes being bundled with some 3DSes ala B/W was with DSes.

GameBoy Advance has been dead for many years now, its not a valid platform. Nor is the regular DS or DSLite. Nintendo's moving on from them. So really with them only making DSi - 3DS right now, none of them can play Ruby or Sapphire.

ORLY? Well I play. As do many other people. I think dead is an exaggeration. Sure, no one particularly plays it any more.. but people (myself included) still play it. For a while I would look around and collect Mega Man Battle Network games, and anything else that caught my interest. I still have a bunch of reasons to play it. It may be dead in your eyes, and possibly Nintendo's too, but it is not gone.

I'm sorry, but I feel like what you said was pointless. I still stand by my original statement, YOU CAN STILL PLAY IT ON THE GBA OR DS.

Yes, you may play it but you're in the vocal minority. Just accept that. Nintendo is not pushing GBA - DSLite anymore. They're dead in Nintendo's eyes, and that's enough reason for them to remake Ruby and Sapphire. They know damn well they could make a **** ton of money off of R/S remakes. Again, another reason for them to be remade.

Many many people have moved onto the 3DS and more will pick it up this holiday season. I'll guarantee you that. I'm guessing 3DS' install base would be around 10 or 15 million by end of this year. Maybe 20 million if all goes well at the end of the fiscal year.

Playing them on GBA - DSLite is a moot argument these days. If you had said that in 2007 or 2008, it'd have held more ground. But we're in the 2012 and the argument doesn't make a valid anymore.

There's a reason why stores like GameStop aren't stocking GBA games anymore. Its because they don't sell because current platforms can not play them.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#16MangledSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2012 3:00:30 PM
Mmkay. I'm just irritated with all these people begging for another remake. I see people complaining of a lack of originality, or some other stuff, but they want a remake. It makes no sense... and once again, I still stand by my original statement. You can play it on the GBA/DS.
---
PSWii60
#17MangledSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2012 3:02:59 PM(edited)
It may not be valid in your eyes, but it's still very true. I would much prefer R&S be released as a download, and not a remake.
---
PSWii60
#18jayman7Posted 2/28/2012 3:02:31 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
There's a reason why stores like GameStop aren't stocking GBA games anymore. Its because they don't sell because current platforms can not play them.

Of course, GameStops don't sell PS1 games any more, either, and a current platform can play those. But yeah.
---
#19SakurafanboyPosted 2/28/2012 3:04:14 PM
MangledSnake posted...
It may not be valid in your eyes, but it's still very true. I would much prefer R&S be released as a download, and not a remake.

eShop is a lot cheaper and thus wouldn't turn as much of a profit for GameFREAK. They know they could get away with R/S remakes which would retail for $35 - $40. I think we know which option they'd pick: A) $9.99 on eShop or B) $39.99 at retail.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!