This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D This should be an item

#1Meta289Posted 2/28/2012 4:55:33 PM(edited)
Link Cable: Used to easily evolve Pokemon that evolve via trading. If a Pokemon needs to hold a certain item when traded, then simply use the Link Cable while the Pokemon is holding that item.

This is for the people who aren't able to trade, or for those who find having to trade to evolve certain Pokemon to be a hassle.

Edit: To clarify, it's like an Evolution Stone. You can only use it once, and it's gone. It's also harder to find than other evolution items.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#2Xtreme GamerPosted 2/28/2012 4:50:51 PM
It already is. Just go play one of the Mystery Dungeon games.

But for the main series... D.
---
Whoever coined the phrase "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" was obviously never beat down with a dictionary.
#3falconpunch1230Posted 2/28/2012 4:52:39 PM
D

The trading evolutions would instantly become the easiest, most pointless evolution type. As it is now, they promote playing with other people, and that's all they do. It'd be like adding a free, reusable item that maxes out happiness.
---
PSN: fatdog12300 UMvC3 team: Arthur, Frank, Thor
Official cubone of the Pokemon Black 2 board
#4ssj_duelistPosted 2/28/2012 4:54:18 PM
C

Or they could make the cable item like an evolutionary stone. Rare and hard to find and one time use each.

OR maybe have a machine that does this instead in a certain area and you need to pay in a certain item to use it like Heart Scales.
---
Anticipating: Sonic 4: Episode 2 (May), Pokemon Black 2/White 2 (Autumn), Resident Evil 6 (November), BioShock Infinite and Sonic and Sega All Star Racing 2!!
#5BikdipOnABusPosted 2/28/2012 4:59:15 PM
I know I'd appreciate it, seeing as how I hate trading, but I doubt they'd implement it for reasons stated above.
---
If you think Majora's Mask was one of the best Zelda games and would like to see a 3D rerelease, go here:
http://petitiononline.com/MajoraM
#6kabigon20Posted 2/28/2012 5:08:23 PM
falconpunch1230 posted...
D

The trading evolutions would instantly become the easiest, most pointless evolution type. As it is now, they promote playing with other people, and that's all they do. It'd be like adding a free, reusable item that maxes out happiness.

Thats the problem. Not everyone who plays pokemon can easily find others to trade pokemon with. Some people dont have any friends who play pokemon, thus making trade evolutions impossible without wifi or hacking.
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon White fc: 0991-6288-2575
To all who call themselves bronies: http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmtlt5Y9p31qf3uabo1_400.gif
#7darknova700Posted 2/28/2012 5:12:56 PM
ssj_duelist posted...

OR maybe have a machine that does this instead in a certain area and you need to pay in a certain item to use it like Heart Scales.

I think that seems pretty fair. or maybe payment with shards.

Also do "third versions" of games normally add new items? notwithstanding special ones like gracidea and griseous orb. Of course I know these are not normal third versions but I just wanted to know if they have done in the past?
#8Sid_StarkillerPosted 2/28/2012 8:06:01 PM
kabigon20 posted...
Thats the problem. Not everyone who plays pokemon can easily find others to trade pokemon with. Some people dont have any friends who play pokemon, thus making trade evolutions impossible without wifi or hacking.

That really shouldn't be a problem. It's 2012 FFS. Almost every Starbucks/fast food place has free Wifi. If you can't find somewhere to use Wifi you need to look harder. Or at all.
---
Wii FC: 0967-4933-7285-7961 (BlkThunder)
Pokemon White FC: 4384-4586-0055 (Sid)
#9gamerman57Posted 2/28/2012 8:38:55 PM
C

But make it a one use item that cost 16 BP.