This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would Hoenn be in this game, when:

#1MaurithPosted 2/28/2012 7:58:13 PM(edited)
It's _somewhat_ likely they're going to remake Ruby and Sapphire? Kinda counter-productive.

"Rediscover the lush and diverse landscapes of Hoenn!!!!"
From 2003, or from the Black and White sequels 1 or 2 years prior?

I'm not for or against anything about Hoenn or R/S remakes if they happen, but this speculation is absurd. If Hoenn somehow IS in BW2, then RS remakes, if they'd even be made in such a scenario, wouldn't really be anything to get excited about.

We know the titles of these games, and their 2 mascots which are new Kyurem forms. That's it. Kyurem....Ice....crystal......crystal in the logos. Coloured blue and red for electricity and fire. Ice + electricty (Kyu+rom), ice + fire (Kyu-ram). It's just Black and White, and Kyurem. _ONE_ individual image. Remain on this planet please.

If we're going to have Hoenn, then let's have it in the speculated remakes, yes?
---
Official Samurott of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
http://last.fm/user/Daydream-Lover
#2jayman7Posted 2/28/2012 8:01:00 PM
Yes, thank you for yet another topic about this. We didn't have enough.

Ruby and Sapphire take place around the same time as Red/Blue/Yellow/Fire Red/Leaf Green, which has been established to take place several years before Black and White, so a remake would be more of a reach.

N is established to have fleed to a distant land; Ghestis, too, goes missing at the end of Black and White. They could return to Unova, but what if they went somewhere else? And what's the established land we've seen least recently, where a remake would be kind of a reach?

Now, I'm not saying it will take place in Hoenn. Or that it won't be Unova. I do not know. I am assuming very little about this game. I don't even necessarily know it will be a sequel - but the fact that Black and White are the first main series games to end on a genuine cliffhanger, combined with the "2" titles, does sorta lead in that direction.

Why are you so insistent that it should be ruled out?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere