This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you settle for these changes in the type chart?

#11ADVANCEGAMERXXXPosted 2/29/2012 7:35:23 AM
I would leave the typings alone, since they work rather well. I wouldn't want to see several Pokemon get screwed over just because new resistances and weaknesses come into play.
---
"If you think that that's complex, then i would want to see you eating an oreo."- Megaman Omega on Gen 1 battling
~Official Arceus of the B/W Boards~
#12abcDSBTPosted 2/29/2012 7:38:27 AM
ADVANCEGAMERXXX posted...
I would leave the typings alone, since they work rather well. I wouldn't want to see several Pokemon get screwed over just because new resistances and weaknesses come into play.

Well Poison > Water would give Poison some good use as an attack and Water needs another weakness. It also makes guys like Quagsire less of a ***** to deal with.
---
Oddworld, Graffiti Kingdom, Supah Nario Bros, and Simtunes FTW!
Forensic Files and Monsters Inside Me are great shows.
#13ssj_duelistPosted 2/29/2012 7:40:19 AM
Most people agree on Posion > water.

It would boost poison, nerf water and it makes sense logically.

Ice should not resist water. Water melts ice so it is fine as it is. Hell, ice should be neutral to water to.

Big should not be weak to water. Water doesn't need the boost and bug doesn't need the hit. Plus bigs love moist places for bactira to grow and most can swim so ther eis no logical sense. Also see incy wincy spider.
---
Anticipating: Sonic 4: Episode 2 (May), Pokemon Black 2/White 2 (Autumn), Resident Evil 6 (November), BioShock Infinite and Sonic and Sega All Star Racing 2!!
#14abcDSBTPosted 2/29/2012 8:31:52 AM
ssj_duelist posted...

Ice should not resist water. Water melts ice so it is fine as it is. Hell, ice should be neutral to water to.

Big should not be weak to water. Water doesn't need the boost and bug doesn't need the hit. Plus bigs love moist places for bactira to grow and most can swim so ther eis no logical sense. Also see incy wincy spider.

Actually, Big SHOULD be weak to water. Maybe we wouldn't have those ****ing fishing stages then!

>_>
---
Oddworld, Graffiti Kingdom, Supah Nario Bros, and Simtunes FTW!
Forensic Files and Monsters Inside Me are great shows.
#15ChosenoneknuxPosted 2/29/2012 8:55:26 AM
I'd go with Poison SE> Water and Ice resisting Water myself.

Poison and Ice types need beefing up a little!
---
PKMN Black FC - 3525 1818 6640
FFIX is greater than FFVII
#16CharizardFirePosted 2/29/2012 9:38:42 AM

The concept of Flying being weak to Steel is like... turbines being harmful to birds and birds crashing into planes... You get the idea...

By that logic, Steel should be super effective against all types, since all animals would be seriously harmed by turbines.

How about Fire being neutral to Ice again like back in Gen. 1?

NO.

Any of you here have your own way of changing the type chart?

Yes.

-Normal does half damage to Ice
-Water does half damage to Ice
-Grass does double damage to Electric
-Fighting does half damage to Grass
-Poison does double damage to Water
-Ground does half damage to Ice
-Rock does half damage to Grass
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#17MetalShadow438Posted 2/29/2012 9:47:12 AM

ssj_duelist posted...

Actually, Big SHOULD be weak to water. Maybe we wouldn't have those ****ing fishing stages then!

>_>

Best possible response.
---
http://werwradio.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/red-panda1.jpg
#18Holy_OblivionPosted 2/29/2012 10:05:24 AM
abcDSBT posted...
1998_z posted...
Bug weak to Water? I think it's possible.

Why do you people insist on screwing over Bug-types even more?!

And a diving bell spider Pokemon would be much upset about that change. (Oh they'll make one. Surskit's type combo will not be left alone.)

*googles diving bell spider*

Interesting I must say.
---
Nothing like going to gamefaqs for my daily dose of stupid
#19pecofan999Posted 2/29/2012 11:15:38 AM
One type change I'd like to see concerns the bug vs. fighting dynamic. First off, why is there anything other than neutral there? And moreover, why are they resistant to each other? That's just goofy.
#20akurixsPosted 2/29/2012 11:23:02 AM
"-Normal does half damage to Ice
-Water does half damage to Ice
-Grass does double damage to Electric
-Fighting does half damage to Grass
-Poison does double damage to Water
-Ground does half damage to Ice
-Rock does half damage to Grass"

1. Eh...no. Normal is supposed to be as neutral as it gets.
2. Me gusta
3. Grass needs a buff, but this just doesn't make sense. And I think Electric is fine as it is.
4. Hmm. Mayhaps.
5. Yeah. Everybody wants this.
6. See 4.
7. See 2
---
"Today, world. This is basic spoken. God inhale computer. Hardly consumer, but with a modest water fowl." -Babelfish