This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If this theoretical pokemon existed, do you think it would be UU, OU or Uber?

#1Balthier2009Posted 3/2/2012 12:37:43 PM
a smeargle evolution. It doesn't get a new ability, nor new attacks but it can still learn anything via sketch. The difference is that it has better stats. Nothing specific except for, maybe, base 100 speed.

What if it got 80 on an attacking stat?
What if it got the same base 20 attacking stats but 70 on each defensive stat?
What if the only stat increase was in speed?
(each what if is separate from the other)

I dunno, I'm just curious how you guys can be creative on a pokemon like smeargle.
---
"The leading man never dies" - Ffamran Bunansa
#2FattitudePosted 3/2/2012 1:42:09 PM
OU probably.
---
(>^_^)>(>O_o)>
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7223/33100263ux9.jpg http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/9451/brtezm1.png
#3MileRunPosted 3/2/2012 3:50:04 PM
Even if you buff Smeargle's offenses, I can't imagine he'd leave RU. A Pokemon 80 (Sp)Att/65 Spe isn't a good sweeper, no matter what moves he gets. If it was maybe 90+ in both offensive stats, maybe, but not with just 80 in a single offense.

Improving Smeargle's bulk could work, but 55/70/70 really isn't that good. He might see some more UU use, but he'll still be too easy for the big hitters in OU to take down with minimal effort.

Now, Speed can probably help Smeargle out a bit, depending on the increase. If he can consistently outspeed and Spore, and generally get Sub up before his opponent can attack, he'd probably get much more use.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board. It makes me feel special.
#4Balthier2009(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 7:32:04 PM
MileRun posted...
Even if you buff Smeargle's offenses, I can't imagine he'd leave RU. A Pokemon 80 (Sp)Att/65 Spe isn't a good sweeper, no matter what moves he gets. If it was maybe 90+ in both offensive stats, maybe, but not with just 80 in a single offense.

Improving Smeargle's bulk could work, but 55/70/70 really isn't that good. He might see some more UU use, but he'll still be too easy for the big hitters in OU to take down with minimal effort.

Now, Speed can probably help Smeargle out a bit, depending on the increase. If he can consistently outspeed and Spore, and generally get Sub up before his opponent can attack, he'd probably get much more use.

I chose 80 base (sp)attack since 90 would be too strong, considering he could learn any move, including legendary signature moves like sacred fire or seed flare. Plus if that were to happen, he'd have 100 Spe to go with it.
---
"The leading man never dies" - Ffamran Bunansa