This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible birth of 3-type Pokemon..?

#11jayman7Posted 3/2/2012 5:19:57 PM
Runeboggle posted...
They've done exactly one thing lately that deviates from their normal patterns. Why does everyone take this one reveal to mean GameFreak is going for some radical change in their ways?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/62118481/692699767

Yeah, well, at the same time, while I did, in fact, say that, I really doubt triple-typing. It strikes me as a bad idea, at least.

Though at least not as bad as dualtype moves. >_>
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#12pupopolis64Posted 3/2/2012 5:35:25 PM
No one mentioned it? I definitely did, but I guess you didn't look through the whole board, so, whatever.
---
If I had a nickel for every time I said, "If I had a nickel", I'd have at least two nickels. Official Ampharos of the B/W 2 Boards
#13jmarty91(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 6:21:00 PM
I did try looking before I started this topic, but I couldn't find anything else. And now that I've thought it over, Kyurem having three types wouldn't make much sense anyway besides giving him a boost while using an electric or fire move. Won't make sense in Gen 6 either, so ya.
---
JMarty91
#14badgraphix1Posted 3/2/2012 7:14:24 PM
MileRun posted...
Ventanrex posted...
It has been brought up, but nothing much has come of it.

Still, I'm not sure if we should put anything past GF these days; they've been doing a lot of weird things lately.

They've done exactly one thing lately that deviates from their normal patterns. Why does everyone take this one reveal to mean GameFreak is going for some radical change in their ways?

What about Black and White being on the DS? The fact that BW ONLY had new Pokemon?
---
Pokemon Red & Blue in full color: http://kantoinlivingcolor.deviantart.com/#/d4n2shf
#15MileRunPosted 3/2/2012 7:46:10 PM
Runeboggle posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/62118481/692699767

badgraphix1 posted...
What about Black and White being on the DS? The fact that BW ONLY had new Pokemon?

Right, and I suppose they're going to add another 20 new Pokemon mid-generation, introduce two-typed moves and combination attacks, cut out the Flying-type, give Arceus a permanent 20% encounter rate on Route 1, and make Farfetch'd viable for no-clause gameplay.

Maybe I've undersold how many changes GameFreak made this generation. So what? That's no reason to believe they've thrown everything out the window. Yes, anything is possible. No, not everything's going to happen.

It's foolish to assume that they made a Pokemon that appears in an empty slot when you evolve something else, and then decided, "We've never done that before. Screw it, let's go change the whole stat system, guys!" Those events were unrelated and it just so happened that they transpired in the same generation; one wasn't the basis for the other. With that in mind, don't you think it's equally foolish to assume that they'll revamp the type system strictly on the basis that they're making sequels for the first time?
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board. It makes me feel special.