This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In a hypothetical RSE remake, what could they add?

#1PokeclipsePosted 3/3/2012 12:28:12 AM
FRLG had the Sevii Islands, and HGSS featured newly restored areas of Kanto as well as a new Safari Zone west of Johto. So, assuming Game Freak follows the same design philosophy when remaking RSE, how do you think they will expand on the originals?

A few possibilities I can think of are:

- Obviously, include the Battle Frontier from Emerald, but maybe beef it up with some of the facilities seen in Gen IV.

- New Dive areas. Maybe even a whole new underwater city?

- Make use of some of the small unexplored islands in eastern Hoenn. Maybe throw a few Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh Pokemon in there.

- Include Kanto and/or the Sevii Islands as postgame areas. Considering GF's tendency to shoehorn the region into every generation, this wouldn't be a bad way to go about it, especially if it receives a futuristic makeover (Castelia-esque Saffron City, anyone?).
---
MK7 name: Shane
http://i.imgur.com/ayJYA.jpg
#2asiacatdogbluePosted 3/3/2012 1:13:05 AM
The Winstate Family to be rebattlable.
#3MileRunPosted 3/3/2012 1:36:09 AM
Either more land or more dive. The less time surfing the open ocean, the better.

From a plot standpoint, I'd like to see Brendan/May at least get their starters fully evolved. Maybe throw in a double battle against Brendan/May and Wally, though I don't know how that would work out in terms of their number of Pokemon.

The Winstrates mentioned Vito, but he just turned out to be some random Cooltrainer in Victory Road. He doesn't need to be some huge, plot-important character, but I'd like to see some sort of sidequest reward for finding him and giving him a message from his family, or something.

If these are just RS remakes, keep all of Emerald's changes, for the most part. Not sure how the Rayquaza subplot would fit, but it does seem more appropriate for Kyogre/Groudon to be catchable pre-E4 instead of Ray-Q, so that might need some tweaking. Also, keep Steven as the champion. Or maybe have a Steven/Wallace tag battle champion, somehow. I dunno... Just don't make Wallace the solitary champion, because I like Steven better.

That's about all I can think of.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board. It makes me feel special.
#4E-25Posted 3/3/2012 1:41:56 AM
The ability to be updated.

Imagine being able to actually get pokemon from games that come after it instead of them being locked out. Having that new alteration/ mechanic/ rebalance/ bonus be distributed that way. Also, Streetpass secret bases and whatnot. None of that underground garbage; I want to be pleasantly surprised when I stumble upon someone else's lair; not go out of my way to look.
---
Where did you come from? Where do you go?
Where did you come from, demon-eyed Jho?
#5The_Sol_BladerPosted 3/3/2012 1:45:50 AM
Wi-fi event unlockable Mirage Island, Faraway Island and Southern Island
---
I'm taking swordplay classes, and I have a sword. But fear not, buy me an ice cream and I'll be nice with you.
Black FC: 3740 1617 9889