This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What if there was a machine in this game for changing abilities?

#1GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/3/2012 1:40:43 PM
For example, say you got a Brozor with fire-proof and you don't like that ability. You could just use the machine to change its ability to Levitate.
---
Uncancel Mega Man Legends 3! Join the devroom and Sign the ONLY OFFICIAL MML3 PETITION:
http://bitly.com/rigdKs
*Please make this your sig*
#2jayman7Posted 3/3/2012 1:47:44 PM(edited)
I think this is a good idea, honestly - maybe even a (harder than switching between the "main" abilities) way to switch over to "Hidden" abilities.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3Kamek69Posted 3/3/2012 1:47:27 PM
I want some way to manipulate IVs after the Pokemon is generated. The fact that they de-linked IVs and the pid almost makes it seem like they were planning on it...

But that would also be cool, and would save a little hassle when breeding.
---
I defeated a raccoon! SCIENCE!
#4MileRunPosted 3/3/2012 4:49:50 PM
If the only change they make in BW2 is the ability to better-influence the results of breeding... Well, I'd still be unsatisfied, but at least I got one of my biggest wishlist items checked off.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board. It makes me feel special.
#5LDSKnightPosted 3/3/2012 4:56:07 PM
That would be neat, as long as it works like the move tutor, as in having an item to give for the service. Better influence in breeding would be cool. Maybe leaving certain items (like candles?) could make the IVs of a certain stat have a higher bottom cap(0 to 20, for instance).
---
Magikarps. They can beat Electabuzz.
Folkmiza everywhere else.
#6PhantomLink1Posted 3/3/2012 6:50:12 PM
Sounds like a great idea. Second abilities could be DW abilities and drawbacks could be you have to have found/caught a pokemon with the ability you want to switch to before you can do it with any of the same pokemon maybe?