This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: We made Hail more broken in next gens

#21darkstriker00Posted 3/6/2012 6:39:07 PM
The main problem is that ice pokemon have horrible defense (in terms of resistance. seriously almost any pokemon on a given team has a move that's super effective on an ice type) but the offence is great.
That brings us to the second problem. Gamefreak doesn't take too much advantage of ice as a great offensive move and instead keeps making slow "bulky" ice pokemon. Weavile was a good example of what an ice type should be. Fast and hits hard but dies in 2 hits to nearly anything. Mamoswine was a pretty good hybrid. Once again amazing attack but with it's high HP it could actually take a few non-super effective attacks.

Anyway I hope from now on Gamefreak takes into consideration that gen V brought a lot of fighting type pokemon on the scene and makes future ice types accordingly like with better speed and attack power. Oh and an ice type with magic guard would be great so it doesn't shed frozen tears at the sight of stealth rock.
---
PSN-darkstriker00
#22darkstriker00Posted 3/6/2012 6:46:35 PM
Snowx_ posted...
darkstriker00 posted...
We just don't like seeing ice types suck as much as they do. Literally the only thing holding Kyurem back from ubers (and even OU) is his ice typing.

Um no it's the speed tier. Seriously if its HP and speed stats were swapped Kyurem would be instant-uber even in its current form.

Are you sure being part ice isn't a slight detriment? I checked Kyrem's speed and he's faster than Groudon, Zekrom, ties with Raquazza, faster than kyogre, Giratina-O, Giratina, Dialga. That's a pretty good chumk of Ubers.
---
PSN-darkstriker00
#23Catcher_FreemanPosted 3/6/2012 6:48:36 PM

Are you sure being part ice isn't a slight detriment? I checked Kyrem's speed and he's faster than Groudon, Zekrom, ties with Raquazza, faster than kyogre, Giratina-O, Giratina, Dialga. That's a pretty good chumk of Ubers.

Yeah, Kyurem's stats are fine as is.

The Ice type really is the only thing holding him back. If we was pure Dragon, or anything other an Ice, he'd be Uber, or at least OU.
---
Swagodile's alt.
#24Shadow Flare13Posted 3/6/2012 9:25:14 PM
Umm no. Of all types water should resist it. Water melts Ice, duh. If they were being honest Water would be super effective to Ice.

This works inversely, too. Ice (namely cold temps) freezes water. Water doesn't really melt ice, the relatively WARMER temperature of the water is what melts the ice. I assume you are merely basing this on putting ice cubes in a glass of water, but that water is probably at least 5 degrees above the standard freezing point of water. Not to mention there is more water than ice in most cases.
---
Currently playing: Dissidia 012: Duodecim [Current Mains: Prishe, Terra, Bartz, Thunder Lady, Kain]
My Duodecim videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/TehPyro
#251998_z(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2012 12:02:38 AM
kabigon20 posted...
We need an ice type like this:
Type: Ice/Fighting
Ability: Snow Plow-Doubles the Pokemon's speed in hail.
Base Stats:
HP-90
ATK-90
DEF-70
SP. ATK-125
Sp. DEF-100
SPE-75
Notable Moves:
Blizzard, Aura Sphere, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Ice Punch, Close Combat, Mach, Punch, Vacuum Wave

I like this idea.

OK, I decide to add this:
Increase the speed of Ice-type Pokemon by 30% when Hail.
Snow Cloak increases evasion by 40%.
---
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 board.
Remember, where there's Gen 7 trolls, there's shiningpikablu252.
#26phoenixflame95Posted 3/7/2012 12:06:43 AM
Ice definitely needs help, and I'm not so sure it's gonna get it. After all, the more equivalent weather to Hail in Sandstorm got Sand Rush and Sand Force, yet Hail didn't receive Hail Rush or Hail Force? They're totally sippin on that haterade!
#271998_z(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2012 12:14:54 AM
phoenixflame95 posted...
Ice definitely needs help, and I'm not so sure it's gonna get it. After all, the more equivalent weather to Hail in Sandstorm got Sand Rush and Sand Force, yet Hail didn't receive Hail Rush or Hail Force? They're totally sippin on that haterade!

Yeah I agree with this.
Hail should get more love from GF you know
---
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 board.
Remember, where there's Gen 7 trolls, there's shiningpikablu252.
#28Snowx_Posted 3/7/2012 12:57:14 AM
You can't compare Kyogre with Kyurem. Kyogre has Drizzle, Kyurem has Pressure.

Ice is supposed to be a glass cannon offensive type yet no pokemon has the right stat distribution to abuse it right now. Weavile is the closest we get, but its moves have low base power.

It doesn't change that, as I said, if Kyurem's HP and speed stats were swapped it would be too much for OU.
---
Ohnoes. I'm 25 and my 87th JRPG doesn't feel as epic as the first one I played when I was 12. Must be Toriyama's fault.