This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stop asking why this isn't on the 3DS.

#1Catcher_FreemanPosted 3/6/2012 9:22:20 AM
It was developed for the DS, and it's too late in development to be put on the 3DS.

If this is on DS, everyone can play it, but if it's on 3DS, only 3DS owners can play it.

Just wait for Gen VI. I guarantee that it will be on 3DS and utilize all of its features.

Now stop making these damn topics.
---
Swagodile's alt.
#2jayman7Posted 3/6/2012 9:29:47 AM
I haven't made any topics, but I don't think I'll ever stop asking why it's not on the 3DS.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3SmogoonPosted 3/6/2012 9:32:46 AM
jayman7 posted...
I haven't made any topics, but I don't think I'll ever stop asking why it's not on the 3DS.

You should read the TC's post.
---
I live my life on the line to find a way to be unforgettable.
Co-Founder of the Certified Gangstas / Smogang
#4jayman7Posted 3/6/2012 9:34:44 AM
TC's post is the same tired set of excuses that I've seen on this board over and over. Until I hear it from someone at GameFreak, I'll still be left wondering why they put it on the inferior console a year and a half after its replacement came out.
---
#5SmogoonPosted 3/6/2012 9:37:53 AM
jayman7 posted...
TC's post is the same tired set of excuses that I've seen on this board over and over. Until I hear it from someone at GameFreak, I'll still be left wondering why they put it on the inferior console a year and a half after its replacement came out.

Are you serious? They started making this game before the 3DS came out. Sounds like a reasonable reason to me, but then again I have common sense.
---
#6jayman7Posted 3/6/2012 9:41:04 AM(edited)
But not enough common sense to realize the implications of the facts that BW1 was finished AFTER the 3DS devkits were given out and that GameFreak was said to have been one of the first companies to get a devkit.

TRANSLATION FOR THE COMMON SENSE IMPAIRED: The only possible way they started it before the 3DS devkits went out is if they started it before BW1 were finished. Which they very well could have done, but it still seems silly.
---
#7SmogoonPosted 3/6/2012 9:44:30 AM
jayman7 posted...
But not enough common sense to realize the implications of the facts that BW1 was finished AFTER the 3DS devkits were given out and that GameFreak was said to have been one of the first companies to get a devkit.

TRANSLATION FOR THE COMMON SENSE IMPAIRED: The only possible way they started it before the 3DS devkits went out is if they started it before BW1 were finished. Which they very well could have done, but it still seems silly.

There's still one reason that you can't possibly argue with(unless you're that dumb): Money.
---
#8Zombie_Socks_96Posted 3/6/2012 9:52:44 AM
jayman7 posted...
The only possible way they started it before the 3DS devkits went out is if they started it before BW1 were finished. Which they very well could have done, but it still seems silly.

Actually most companies do that. They will start working on the next project before the first one is finished, that way they have a base to start from and not absolutely nothing.
---
Official Mother****ing Scraggy and Silver of the Pokemon Black/White Version 2 Boards
Full Sail Game Design Student, Sex Knight of Ludology
#9jayman7Posted 3/6/2012 10:00:25 AM
Smogoon posted...
There's still one reason that you can't possibly argue with(unless you're that dumb): Money.

As I have asked countless times before, since I believe you're referring to the "more people own DSes than 3DSes" thing: if so, why does ANYONE make games for the 3DS? And the question isn't unique to the 3DS. Why was the Gamecube entirely abandoned by Nintendo immediately after the Wii came out? There have been more PS2s sold than PS3s to this day. Why does anyone release games for the PS3?

And seeing as how GameFreak is under Nintendo's thumb, I'm surprised Nintendo didn't insist...
---
#10Fierce_Deity777Posted 3/6/2012 10:08:06 AM
It'll probably be answered in some interview.
---
This post authorized by Adam Malkovich.
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Black/White 2 Boards.