This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will we ever get a Velociraptor pokemon?

#31cereberus2007Posted 3/9/2012 12:35:01 AM
What about a tiger or lion pokemon?
---
Veteran Pokemon Master and Twisted Metal Master. Any questions, feel free to ask.
#32LegendaryOozaruPosted 3/9/2012 6:02:58 AM
jayman7 posted...
We already have a Rock/Steel Zuniceratops;

We do? Who might that be? Rhyhorn is the best i can guess......
#33darkdragonflamePosted 3/9/2012 6:14:41 AM(edited)
Like this?

Velociraptor pokemon
Name:???
Type:Rock/Dark
Ability: Intimidate/Sand Force
Base stats:
HP: 85
Atk: 122
Def: 60
SpA: 56
SpD: 67
Spe: 108

EDTI: Mach Punch problems...
---
The Official Interceptor of the Duodecim Boards
The Official Zangoose of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards
#34TyranidomegaPosted 3/9/2012 12:23:27 PM
jayman7 posted...
LegendaryOozaru posted...
No mention of a Grass/Rock Stegosaurus or Steel/Rock or Fighting/Rock Triceratops?

We already have a Rock/Steel Zuniceratops; that's pretty close to Triceratops. I know it doesn't preclude the possibility, but I think we should focus on completely different dinos.

Stegosaurus is a good one though.

Bastiodon is pretty meh.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WgpEA.jpg
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#35jayman7Posted 3/9/2012 12:55:09 PM
LegendaryOozaru posted...
jayman7 posted...
We already have a Rock/Steel Zuniceratops;

We do? Who might that be? Rhyhorn is the best i can guess......

Previous post named it, but I'll repeat it anyway: it's Bastiodon.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#36Catcher_FreemanPosted 3/9/2012 1:00:56 PM
Triceratops doesn't exist. It was discovered that Triceratops was not a unique species of dinosaur, but a younger form of another species.
---
Swagodile's alt.
#37jayman7Posted 3/9/2012 1:13:54 PM(edited)
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Triceratops doesn't exist. It was discovered that Triceratops was not a unique species of dinosaur, but a younger form of another species.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torosaurus

In 2010, research on dinosaur ontogeny (growth and development of individuals over the life span) concluded that Torosaurus may not represent a distinct genus at all, but a mature form of Triceratops.[2][3] However, a subadult specimen and closer analysis of additional Triceratops skulls (as well as several previously overlooked skull differences) led Nicholas R. Longrich and Daniel J. Field to conclude in 2012 the possible synonymy between Triceratops and Torosaurus latus was invalid.

And it wouldn't matter anyway; when it turns out two dinosaurs are one and the same, they always go with the one named first. That's why they went with Apatosaurus instead of the more well-known Brontosaurus name; Apatosaurus was named first. However, Triceratops was named before Torosaurus. Same page:

In 1891, two years after the naming of Triceratops

Also, with the exception of Tyrannosaurus rex, when people talk about dinosaurs, they usually refer to them by genus, not species. (In fact, I believe that Tyrannosaurus rex is the only animal ever to walk the Earth whose species name is both well-known and widely-used - Homo sapiens would come closest to second place, but are more frequently just called "humans" or "people".)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#38forest_wandererPosted 3/9/2012 6:57:09 PM
Make a Rock/Fighting Raptor fossil pokemon. It'll be a perfect excuse to make a Rock pokemon with high Agility.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.