This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What grinds your gears about Hoenn?

#21Gsus_94Posted 3/13/2012 10:50:30 AM
Thunder_Armor posted...
You had to go to the bike store each time you wanted to switch between the two bikes

Limited bag space

Bad Elite 4. They each had good designs (although kinda unfitting... Phoebe and Drake both look like water type trainers) but were forgettable. Maybe more backstory/interesting teams would help.

Hey, at least we had the option of two bikes! Granted the newer generations have one bike and its better. But yeah, i agree with everything else. I still love hoenn. I found my first shiny at the Battle Frontier.
---
Pokemon Black FC
Melo 4470 3989 3640
#22SilverSaint7Posted 3/13/2012 11:24:19 AM
I liked Hoenn for the most part, especially the water routes because they were fun to explore with Dive. The only thing that bugged me is that the rivals are so lame.

How does a rival just flat out stop being your rival halfway through the game? Without even fully evolving their starter no less? And Wally's barely a rival, his last battle came way of left field for me. He should have gotten more screen time/battles during the main game to make the battle with him in Victory Road more meaningful.
#23ZeoPamasterPosted 3/13/2012 11:32:23 AM
Hoenn was great. But the rival is probably the most unambitious. Wally was good, but the main rival is like a side character (never appeared to help in the "evil team" main storyline, and returned to your hometown mid-game. wth, D/P/Pt's rival was better).
---
It's the passing of time that shapes up one's personality.
Sorry, bad English.
#24XxPixel777xXPosted 3/13/2012 11:46:34 AM
I loved this game a lot, maybe mostly because it was the first game I played(I had blue at the time, but didn't play it much).

Only thing I could say I didn't like is that I didn't ever beat the game. I was essentially stuck in Sootopolis, looking for any 'keys' the gym leader might have dropped so I could move on to the E4. But then again, I was 8.
---
~My Fandoms~
Pokemon, Touhou, Vocaloid, Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Izuna, Animal Crossing... I forgot the rest, but this sure as heck isn't the full list!