This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Entry hazards and weather

#1Thunder_man6Posted 3/14/2012 10:22:12 AM
I've been thinking about this ever since DP came out. Do you think we will finally have visual representation for entry hazards (such as rocks ground or spikes)? Another thing that comes to mind is visual weather. I know now we just have the graphic on the bottom, but I think it would be kind of cool if the weather was just going in on the back ground.

Thoughts?
---
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce
psn: himynameis*Hat (remove the *)
#2galaxiadarknessPosted 3/14/2012 10:30:25 AM
I have thought this same thing for a long time. So I wholeheartedly agree with you.
---
"GameFAQs, where the term "Karma Sucks" doesn't apply" White FC: 5071-7921-1728
I changed my sig again!!!
#3erekwashere15Posted 3/14/2012 11:07:28 AM
That'd probably be something they throw in on a brand new Gen, but it would be nice.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0046-2279-8375 Xbox GT: erekwashere15
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#4Elec Man EXEPosted 3/14/2012 11:38:43 AM(edited)
Weather would be nice. Just make it a bit more subtle than the current graphic that plays when the weather first starts, or else it would be overbearing.

Entry hazards seem like they'd create too much clutter on the screen. Its fine in the 3D games, but in the handhelds where the screens are small, either the hazards would be too small to really have much of an impact or they'd be too much. I'd rather entry hazards just be displayed as icons on the side of the screen (top left for hazards on the opponents' side and bottom right for those on your side).

Could have a graphic display when a pokemon actually switches into a hazard, though. Instead of the simple text display saying they got hurt, have the spikes / stones reappear as the pokemon comes out then disappear again.
---
Master of Electricity
#5badgraphix1Posted 3/14/2012 12:30:25 PM
Since it looks the direction they're taking is to make battle look more interesting visually, it wouldn't surprise me id stuff like this started being introduced in future generations. Not in this game though. I don't think the DS could handle, what with occasional slowdown sometimes appearing in BW under certain circumstances.
---
Pokemon Red & Blue in full color: http://kantoinlivingcolor.deviantart.com/#/d4n2shf
#6MileRunPosted 3/14/2012 12:32:49 PM
I think it's not implausible for something like this to be used starting from Gen VI, presuming that it'll be on the 3DS.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#7LuminousMeteorPosted 3/14/2012 2:02:21 PM
I like it. when you watch battle logs from PO, you can see the SR, spikes etc on the field.
---
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals <3
#8Catcher_FreemanPosted 3/14/2012 2:04:27 PM
Constant weather animation would be nice.

I liked what BW did, but removing the animation entirely was a step backwards.
---
Swagodile's alt.
#9MileRunPosted 3/14/2012 11:41:41 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
I liked what BW did, but removing the animation entirely was a step backwards.

YMMV. I know it was just a half-second long animation, but cutting it made battles seem to go by a lot faster.

I think it was due to the placement of that animation. The fact that it was after both Pokemon made their moves but before my next move selection made the battle feel kinda' laggy, IMO.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#10SephirothtPosted 3/15/2012 12:15:16 AM
Displaying entry hazard would be too much in one space in the current layout.

But not having constant weather is just unforgiveable. Rain doesn't just stop and begins again just to show it's still there.
---
R - Burning Executive
The Official Ninetales and Palmer of the B2W2 Boards.