This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2 ideas on how the GTS could be improved

#1MetuaPosted 3/14/2012 3:42:26 PM
The first idea I'd one that a lot of people have thought up and want implemented-the GTS should prevent you from requesting a Pokemon at an illegal level. (i.e., level 9 or under Reshiram). Of course, this wouldn't stop people from offering Bidoofs and requesting Zekroms, but at least would make all GTS trades possible.

Another lesser issue with the GTS is that you can only search for/request Pokemon that you've seen. I had this problem in Black, where I wanted a Braviary, but I had never encountered one in-game, meaning that I had to use Negotiations to get one. A solution I thought of for this is that in BW2, an NPC somewhere would have a book containing information on every Pokemon. Whenever you inspect the book, it would show a picture and the Pokedex entry (just to make it seem like an actual book) of a random Pokemon that you haven't seen yet (maybe excluding event legendaries). The next day, when you read the book, a different Pokemon that you haven't seen will be there. This way, you'd still be able to see all the Pokemon without having to rely on trading/past games.
---
Conkel's Bad Durr Day. Make it happen, Gamefreak.
Official Stunfisk of the Pokemon Black 2 Board
#2Miggi3Fr3shPosted 3/14/2012 4:21:29 PM
I really like that second idea. Also they need to revamp searches. Allow you to have more hits so that there isn't any need to narrow it down so much. Also being able to view ability and moves would be awesome. Moves may be too much but abilities are a must now considering most people want to search for DW Pokemon
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 Black: Azaezal 3095-7582-1802
Here at GameFAQs gamers don't game, they complain.
#3darkus_fPosted 3/14/2012 4:34:16 PM
I love all your ideas. The GTS really needs this. Make it possible to see all Pokemon. To keep things spicy, it could be random and rare Pokemon should have certain requirements to be seen like the more Pokemon you have in the dex the higher the chance to see a rare Pokemon in the book... From an old man who used to be a trainer.
Also, key items shouldn't be released in events, only Pokemon should. I got the liberty ticket, but many didn't and pobably never will. It's okay for a Pokemon to unlock an in-game event since pokemon can always be obtained even after the event is over through a trade, but key items can't.
---
"An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind" Mahatma Gandhi
#4BikdipOnABusPosted 3/14/2012 10:15:26 PM
The second thing totally eliminates the purpose of the GTS only allowing trades for seen Pokemon. It's so you can't request everything. To get things like starters and legendaries, you should be required to transfer them from one of your other games or get them from a personal trade with someone you actually know, not an anonymous face from across the world.

You have to realize that trade boards have never been officially sanctioned. They're in such frequent use because it's a really easy way to get what you're looking for, but that's exactly why the GTS locks out things you haven't seen. It shouldn't be that easy and impersonal. The first three generations didn't have the ability to ask for whatever you wanted at any time, and so obviously they also didn't have people asking "how am I supposed to get a Squirtle if there's no trainer that uses one so I can see it?" You'd get it the same way you'd get anything else not available in your game. By hoping that a friend has one, and if they don't, then you're out of luck unless you buy the game that has it. The games have been specifically designed from the very start to NOT hand everything to you, and the GTS shouldn't change that.

Now, should the games contain ways to see all common Pokemon so that you can request them? Probably. But special Pokemon like the starters and legendaries cease to be special when they're able to be requested at any time. There needs to be some sort of motivation to find other people in your area to play the game with. Otherwise you're not getting the full experience intended by the game designers.
---
If you think Majora's Mask was one of the best Zelda games and would like to see a 3D rerelease, go here:
http://petitiononline.com/MajoraM
#5gotdangitPosted 3/14/2012 11:27:33 PM
Agreed.
---
Poke White code: 1077-0690-9356
#6slothicaPosted 3/14/2012 11:39:21 PM
I like these ideas.
---
Was I being rude? Sorry, I tend to get that way around stupid people.
Official Maxie and Armored Rapidash of the B/W 2 Boards.
#7HitagiPosted 3/15/2012 12:18:37 AM
Jish posted...
The second thing totally eliminates the purpose of the GTS only allowing trades for seen Pokemon. It's so you can't request everything. To get things like starters and legendaries, you should be required to transfer them from one of your other games or get them from a personal trade with someone you actually know, not an anonymous face from across the world.

This is silly. It really makes no difference if you receive the Pokemon from a friend or an "anonymous" source. We live in an online age now, and it should be embraced, not shunned.
#8crispyoPosted 3/15/2012 1:26:41 AM
your second idea kind of contradicts the first one. your only going to get 10x more ridiculous trade requests if they allow every one to see all pokemon without the need of owning them.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3731-6211
#9Missingno_MastrPosted 3/15/2012 2:12:54 AM
I agree with both ideas 100%.
---
I am Missingno. Master.
R Official Team Rocket member.
#10ChosenoneknuxPosted 3/15/2012 2:21:00 AM
Gen VI needs to implement these [especially the first].
---
PKMN Black FC - 3525 1818 6640
FFIX is greater than FFVII