This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wanna go to Hoenn.

#11SenorGauntlet(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 6:37:27 PM
usaraud posted...

5. Battle system should not be changed to realtime... ever... not even for this. Turnbased isnt broken, so it doesnt need fixing.

This is my only real gripe with your idea, but I'd accept it if you'd be willing to cede traditional turn-based combat for pseudo-realtime, like with Chrono Trigger's Active battle mode, and add some degree of movement around the battlefield/arena, providing environmental advantages and disadvantages.
---
Hail, hail Freedonia.
#12usaraudPosted 3/14/2012 6:50:20 PM
SenorGauntlet posted...
usaraud posted...

5. Battle system should not be changed to realtime... ever... not even for this. Turnbased isnt broken, so it doesnt need fixing.

This is my only real gripe with your idea, but I'd accept it if you'd be willing to cede traditional turn-based combat for pseudo-realtime, like with Chrono Trigger's Active battle mode, and add some degree of movement around the battlefield/arena, providing environmental advantages and disadvantages.

I know this is a point of contention, and understandably... even FF has slowly started the move to RT.... but, its simple...

I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue/Yellow... and although the turnbased battle gets a little tedious at times in-game (mostly due to bad AI) it really -really- works competatively against real people. Its one of the only implemented TB style system that I like.

It would need to stay TB to maintain it being Pokemon. I could understand the advantages of realtime/pseudo realtime. I understand that movement and environmental changes would be beneficial but with the amount of weather effect moves we have now, and trap moves, I dont think that it would add much.

It isnt a point i would feel comfortable conceding to. Making it RT, or PRT would effectively break the metagame as we know it. It would lessen the importance of stats/natures, priority moves etc. Making Pokemon battles RT would be no better than giving Pokemon guns... its silly and isnt needed.

Maybe if GF released a game (non maingame but PBR style game) that implemented RT battling, so I could see it in action, I might change my mind. But without seeing how GF would implement it, Im not willing to ask for it to change
---
Pokemon White : Pasia - 4857-1015-5514