This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We don't know if these games are sequels.

#31MileRunPosted 3/17/2012 10:25:39 PM
According to PokeJungle, the exact wording was:

“You thought it was just a different colour?
This time it is '2', an utterly different story full of impact and new features are waiting for you!”

Assuming this translation is accurate, we can at least assume that the games will have a much more distanced plot from BW1 than Platinum had to DP. The statement implies that GameFreak is really trying for something they haven't done before, so a remake or updated re-release is almost completely out of the question at this point.

That said, whether this is a sequel (directly continuing BW1's plot) or an entirely different plot thread entirely has yet to be addressed. Further, while a re-release is technically discounted, there's always the chance that this game will follow BW1's exact city/dungeon progression with a shiny new plot to disguise it.

To recap, all we know about the plot is:
a) It is not the same as BW1's plot
b) Kyurem is presumably involved, with particular emphasis on its alternate forms

...which is indeed not enough to say that these games are sequels.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#32LightningHawk90Posted 3/17/2012 10:31:18 PM
MileRun posted...

That said, whether this is a sequel (directly continuing BW1's plot) or an entirely different plot thread entirely has yet to be addressed. Further, while a re-release is technically discounted, there's always the chance that this game will follow BW1's exact city/dungeon progression with a shiny new plot to disguise it.

\\

More than just a chance i'm assuming
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#33iGenesisPosted 3/18/2012 3:46:50 AM

GameFreak is really trying for something they haven't done before

which is why the core gameplay formula hasn't changed significantly in 16 years?
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#34MileRunPosted 3/18/2012 2:12:43 PM
iGenesis posted...
GameFreak is really trying for something they haven't done before
which is why the core gameplay formula hasn't changed significantly in 16 years?

I meant with regards to the whole "THIS IS TOTALLY NOT A THIRD VERSION, GUYS!" thing GameFreak has going on with BW2. I doubt GameFreak will ever seriously attempt to radically change the core gameplay of the main series.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#35SiDoesPinkPosted 3/18/2012 4:02:13 PM
I feel drawn to this topic.
---
Si || When the Dead do walk, seek water's run, for this the Dead will always shun.