This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What "mechanics change" could deepen the game AND make it more fun?

#1LaskPosted 3/19/2012 7:41:48 AM
By mechanics change, I mean similar to how they changed Special to Special Attack and Special Defense stats and added Dark/Steel, fiddled around with type effectiveness of Ghost, Poison, and Bug, then added abilities and natures and true EVs, then added the Physical/Special split.

What change, in the same spirit as those in the past, could make Gen VI a better Pokemon game for super competitive people and also adding something new and interesting for regular fans?

It's hard to think of ideas that wouldn't break tradition (for example, I would like a party of 8 pokemon :P) but how about this one. You can carry the same move on 2, 3, or even all 4 slots for a damage bonus. 2 is a 1.5 multiplier, 3 is a 2 multiplier , and 4 is a 2.5 multiplier. Using the move uses PP on all of the slots. Magnezone could give up substitute or whatever and power up his TBolt by carrying it twice

This opens up possibilities for pokemon who have poor move pools but good attacking stats and one or two powerful STAB options. Also it could be used for regular old OUs to net surprise kills at the cost of coverage
#2erekwashere15Posted 3/19/2012 7:52:44 AM
The ability to pass down abilities between different species of mons. It's kindof like Hidden Abilities, but these would only be capable of being found on Pokemon received from the Daycare. It wouldn't include every ability on every mon in an egg group, but for an example:

Weavile can mate with Krookodile or Scrafty to pass Moxie onto its offspring Sneasel, but Intimidate and Shed Skin would not be able to be passed.

The father would have to have desired ability as his ability, and even then, the chances it would be passed down would be maybe like 30% along with its other, natural born abilities.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0046-2279-8375 Xbox GT: erekwashere15
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#3galaxiadarknessPosted 3/19/2012 7:54:14 AM
TRIPPLE TYPES, GAIS!!!!1!
---
"GameFAQs, where the term "Karma Sucks" doesn't apply" White FC: 5071-7921-1728
I changed my sig again!!!
#4Lask(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2012 7:56:28 AM
erekwashere15 posted...
The ability to pass down abilities between different species of mons. It's kindof like Hidden Abilities, but these would only be capable of being found on Pokemon received from the Daycare. It wouldn't include every ability on every mon in an egg group, but for an example:

Weavile can mate with Krookodile or Scrafty to pass Moxie onto its offspring Sneasel, but Intimidate and Shed Skin would not be able to be passed.

The father would have to have desired ability as his ability, and even then, the chances it would be passed down would be maybe like 30% along with its other, natural born abilities.

Adding "Egg Abilities" in addition to Egg Moves would be so huge. I like
#5Shadow1975Posted 3/19/2012 8:07:02 AM
Remove evasion, and make accuracy more diverse for moves. Few, if any, would have 100% accuracy. Swift, and the moves like it would be the only 100% accurate moves, everything else would get lowered to make up for the lack of evasion.
---
Life is tough. It's a lot tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne
#6GoldenSun3DSPosted 3/19/2012 9:42:22 AM
Have a single PP pool that all moves share.
For example, if 1 move has 5PP, 2 moves have 20PP, and the last one has 15PP, the total PP would be 60 and you could use moves like Detect & Roar of Time more than 5 times.
---
Uncancel Mega Man Legends 3! Join the devroom and Sign the ONLY OFFICIAL MML3 PETITION:
http://bitly.com/rigdKs
*Please make this your sig*
#7PT_PiranhaPosted 3/19/2012 10:10:16 AM(edited)
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Have a single PP pool that all moves share.
For example, if 1 move has 5PP, 2 moves have 20PP, and the last one has 15PP, the total PP would be 60 and you could use moves like Detect & Roar of Time more than 5 times.

I dunno, that'd sort of destroy the strategy of it.
"Okay he used it four times, one more and then I don't have to worry'. - That kind of sentence would disappear. And you don't have to worry about choosing wisely when to use a move or not, ergo less strategy.

I'd say making moves double-type, but that could over-complicate things.

Or maybe either a new type (which isn't likely) or allow for a fifth move (which could make HMs better).
---
People on GameFAQs are conscious of their bad grammar. Apparently it's good to type like an elementary school kid on a site with an age limit. - IwouldFaDewott
#8miltank1337Posted 3/19/2012 10:23:45 AM
Something to do with terrain and bonuses, kind of like weather but not...and you could change it as the battle goes on, with moves like earthquake and surf.

I dunno, i just want to see some different terrain.
---
Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.
#9chrombotPosted 3/19/2012 10:32:39 AM
some sort of hold item that passes down all the parents EVs
#10erekwashere15Posted 3/19/2012 10:34:25 AM
miltank1337 posted...
Something to do with terrain and bonuses, kind of like weather but not...and you could change it as the battle goes on, with moves like earthquake and surf.

I dunno, i just want to see some different terrain.

Another good idea, but it'd break something very easily.

Like if ground types got a boost of any sort in caves or on a desert-like area, Garchomp and Excadrill would destroy even more.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0046-2279-8375 Xbox GT: erekwashere15
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards