This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon black and white 2 Australian and new zealand release window confirmed

#11ArabianPenguinsPosted 3/29/2012 12:31:10 PM
jimrichards
Posted 3/29/2012 3:00:05 AM
message detail
gamermasterwiz posted...
Which Spring?

North America Spring: June?

What. Southern hemisphere spring - Sep to Nov. Northern Hemisphere spring - Mar to May. June is Summer in NA dude.
---
"It's a story that involves a windmill, 15 goats, a park bench and several robots." Serebii Joe to yours truly on how he got his insider contacts.

Actually, most of June is in during spring time in NA. Only the end of the month is considered summer time.
---
Oklahoma City Thunder road to the finals: 31-8.
Pokemon White Friend Code: Miley 4813 9559 2030
#12SpeedDaemonPosted 3/29/2012 9:40:32 PM
Late March through early June is Spring here (it's been Spring for like a week now I think) If they were addressing Australian media/people then them saying Spring most likely means late September to Early December
---
most recent movies seen: Then Experiment [6.5/10], Scott Pilgrim [9/10], Toy Story 3 [9.5/10], Inception [9.5/10]
#13jimrichardsPosted 3/30/2012 3:54:14 AM
So wait... you guys start your seasons in the middle of a month? Jeez, and I thought starting school in the middle of the year was weird enough... :S
---
"It's a story that involves a windmill, 15 goats, a park bench and several robots." Serebii Joe to yours truly on how he got his insider contacts.
#14jayman7Posted 3/30/2012 5:05:20 AM(edited)
jimrichards posted...
So wait... you guys start your seasons in the middle of a month? Jeez, and I thought starting school in the middle of the year was weird enough... :S

We start our seasons on the equinoxes and solstices. These tend to fall within the 20th-23rd of December, March, June, and September. So the first day of Spring, in the US, was March 20th this year, because that was the vernal equinox.

(To those who don't know, equinox = the day where daylight and night are as close to equal in length as they get, and solstice = the day that has the most or least daylight (most = summer solstice, least = winter solstice.))

According to Wikipedia:

In astronomical reckoning, the solstices and equinoxes ought to be the middle of the respective seasons, but, because of thermal lag, regions with a continental climate often consider these four dates to be the start of the seasons...

The oceanic climate of the Southern Hemisphere produces a shorter temperature lag, so the start of each season is usually considered to be several weeks before the respective solstice or equinox in this hemisphere, in other countries with oceanic climates, and in cultures with Celtic roots.

---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#15jimrichardsPosted 3/30/2012 5:35:18 AM
Well. The more you know. I also have a new term to blame when I do badly in CoD, as always. Curse you, thermal lag! :P
---