This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

type overhaul?

#1Yamato_sanPosted 3/30/2012 10:32:34 AM
do you think they'll finally take the opportunity to upgrade the type chart in B2W2? I'm aware they haven't touched the types since generation 2 (and that was likely only because of Steel and Dark being introduced, as well as fixing glitches from gen1 such as Ghosts having no effect on Psychics), but there are a number of factors to consider. First of all, this is a new paired version within the same generation. It isn't a third version, so if they wanted, they could make trade/battle compatibility be designed to mostly work between these two versions, whilst compatibility with the older games is more secondary (kinda like how Pokemon fitting specific requirements could be used in Gold/Silver/Crystal's Time Capsule, or they could have the game's battle system adjusted whenever battles with older games takes place), and should they go that route, they could use new type compatibilities without much complication. Several attacks could be overhauled as well (for that matter, how does Hypnosis work when linked between Diamond/Pearl and Platinum/Heart/Soul?).

There's also the matter of the games' mascot being an Ice-type, which GameFreak seemingly has yet to notice is HORRIBLY flawed in terms of defense. Seriously, a resistance to Flying, Bug, and/or Water would make sense (some Flying and Bug attacks are wind-themed), and probably wouldn't break the game... hell, if the overly abundant-yet-lacking-weaknesses Water is resisted, that could only help. Offensive Flying and Bug, meanwhile, don't seem to leave a huge impact (but could still give Ice something in terms of a resistance), not that Ice is an abundant enough type that those types would in turn be further screwed over anyway (hell, if Ice suddenly gained a Flying resistance, the only Pokemon that would become 4x resistant would be Frost Rotom).
#2speedcow__13Posted 3/30/2012 10:39:14 AM
No. They wouldn't do so in a sequel. An upcoming gen, possibly.
---
All of my info is in my profile.
I am the ultimate evil, complete with hot and cold running water!
#3Yamato_san(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2012 5:43:15 PM
yeah, that's probably true. However, it is worth noting that this is the only true sequel we've had ever since Gold/Silver. I'm aware this isn't gonna be a new generation, but even without the addition of new Pokemon (forms aside), the mechanics alone were changed considerably in Gold/Silver, all while still being compatible with the predecessors.
#4Gaming_MasteryPosted 3/30/2012 5:44:15 PM
Mewtwo should be Psychic/Dark dammit
---
I'm addicted to a drug. It's called Hype. Current Drug Addictions: RESIDENT EVIL 6, ASSASSIN'S CREED 3, ACE ATTORNEY 5, FE13, SSBWiiU, Pokemon B/W2, KH3D
#5ColebyPosted 3/30/2012 5:48:19 PM
Gaming_Mastery posted...
Gothitelle should be Psychic/Dark dammit

fix'd
---
"The PrematureEjaculation blues...any advice on beating this problem?"
"Shouldn't it be "The PrematureEjaculation whites..."?~luvbutts
#61998_zPosted 3/30/2012 5:59:44 PM
Coleby posted...
Gaming_Mastery posted...
Gothitelle should be Psychic/Dark dammit

fix'd

and Luxray being Dark/Electric
and Braviary being Fighting/Flying
---
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards.
R-The Scientist
#7Gaming_MasteryPosted 3/30/2012 6:19:35 PM
Oh and Emboar should be Dark Fire
---
I'm addicted to a drug. It's called Hype. Current Drug Addictions: RESIDENT EVIL 6, ASSASSIN'S CREED 3, ACE ATTORNEY 5, FE13, SSBWiiU, Pokemon B/W2, KH3D
#8SephirothtPosted 3/30/2012 6:24:39 PM
And Samurott Water/Fighting.
And Serperior NOT Grass/Dragon, before anyone suggests it.
---
R - Burning Executive
The Official Ninetales and Palmer of the B2W2 Boards.
#9TectonicImprovPosted 3/30/2012 7:08:06 PM
Gaming_Mastery posted...
Oh and Emboar should be Dark Fire

I believe they tried that in a hack, it wasn't well received.
---
Because the TF2 economy is stupid.-chaos_blasta
Majora's Mask is overrated. People who agree: 14 (PM your opinion, good, or bad.)
#10Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/6/2012 6:58:44 PM
I still don't understand why they removed Bug's vulnerability to Poison. Or why they never made Fighting weak to Poison.