This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did Foongus and its evo look like...

#31Checkmate88Posted 4/1/2012 3:20:47 PM
About your sig,

(0)(0) <--- Santiago the frog says if someone buys a book, then
(___) sells that book to another. The publisher gets nothing. Why are games different?

I'm pretty sure the only reason people make such a stink about used games is because it costs more to create a game disk / cartrige than to print a copy of a book.

That, and that some retailers do everything they can to convince people to buy used copies instead of new, because then the retailer gets all of the profits.
---
Everyone's first night on Terraria:
http://tinyurl.com/7bb9fja
#32zach12_2Posted 4/1/2012 4:08:36 PM
Checkmate88 posted...
About your sig,

(___) sells that book to another. The publisher gets nothing. Why are games different?

I'm pretty sure the only reason people make such a stink about used games is because it costs more to create a game disk / cartrige than to print a copy of a book.

That, and that some retailers do everything they can to convince people to buy used copies instead of new, because then the retailer gets all of the profits.

Books are cheap today, that wasn't always the case. The media has been around much, much longer than video games and still survives. Hell, they have stores called used book stores that sell almost exclusively used texts. The only difference is what the consumer is willing to accept and what the manufacturer is able to do. I'm sure if book manufacturers could lock you out of half of the book then charge you for access they'd do it too.
---
#33PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/1/2012 4:19:25 PM
ExhibitJot posted...
zach12_2 posted...
Your point didn't get established until silver (vague relationship between voltorb and pokeballs) then in ruby (strong relationship.)
That means -- It's a retcon.

I don't see what the fuss is. If it did get retconned into fact, that means that it is canon, hence "retroactive continuity."

Also, pokedex is crap.
Pidgeot flies at mach 2 according to the dex, but it' can't outspeed mach 1 garchomp. Bad source is bad.

First off, Pidgeot does move faster than Garchomp. Garchomp just responds to commands more quickly. That's all the Speed stat means.

Second, even though GameFreak doesn't have a sense of scale, the Pokedex is still canon. Elsewise, it wouldn't be in the game at all.
What? How does speed mean how fast a Pokemon responds to commands? You're wrong, speed is obviously how fast the Pokemon is.

I don't think you understand what he was getting at. It's not the time it takes for them to react to commands, but reaction in battle from attacks and such as well, assuming it was real time. The fact that HG/SS has a separate Speed stat(and others) for the Pokethlon, which make much more sense towards a Pokemon's abilites as far as the dex goes seems to give credit to this though as well.
---
Currently playing: Sonic Rush(all 8 Emeralds), Pokemon Platinum
#34DKU_ArichPosted 4/1/2012 4:28:39 PM
A. Foongus adapted to look like a Pokeball because... it helped it to survive... somehow (I don't know how getting Trainers to interact with you helps, because they're either gonna hurt you or catch you, but whatever. Maybe it was in order to poison them, which is particularly vindictive...)

I lol'd. Thanks for that :P