This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Serebii's Pokemon of the Day: Weezing

#1GalladetheGreatPosted 4/1/2012 8:27:14 AM
Today, we are covering a Pokémon introduced in the first generation. They crawl out of the ocean using their arms. They will attack prey on shore and immediately drag it into the ocean. With no extra effects in place, it has no weaknesses. So here it is, the sixty-fifth entry, Weezing.

Weezing on April Fool's day? I guess even Serebii knows Weezing is a joke.
---
White FC:1163 0871 5829 Unused Pawn Shop Points:109
Black FC:2065 1225 2978 Dex completed:8-23-11 Topics helped:23
#2LexifoxPosted 4/1/2012 8:28:37 AM
Weezing isn't the joke, only Serebii's movesets.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/1/2012 8:29:27 AM
There's like none of that despriction on Serebii's site.
---
Currently playing: Sonic Rush(all 8 Emeralds), Pokemon Platinum
#4LexifoxPosted 4/1/2012 8:33:28 AM
It's possible someone just screwed up and put in the description for Eelektross.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5MetuaPosted 4/1/2012 8:59:48 AM
It was most wikewy an ovewsight. Wast week's Pokemon was Eewektwoss.
---
For April Fool's Day, the majority of my posts will be translated using this: http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/
#6Nanis23Posted 4/1/2012 9:07:01 AM
I think Serebii is against April Fools or something
That writeup seems pretty genuine

...He should have done something like Smogon did on Kakuna
#7Serebii from SPPPosted 4/1/2012 9:57:13 AM
I only do April Fools stuff that plays on people assuming it was fake. Like the mass reveal of English names for DP I did on April 1st 2007.

I don't believe in misleading people with false information portrayed as true, no matter how absurd it may be.

Weezing is an acceptable Pokémon and is somewhat of a fan favourite. Its entry being today is just coincidence

That accidental inclusion of the description for Eelektross was only up for about 10 minutes.
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#8GalladetheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2012 9:59:09 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
I only do April Fools stuff that plays on people assuming it was fake. Like the mass reveal of English names for DP I did on April 1st 2007.

That was clever.
---
White FC:1163 0871 5829 Unused Pawn Shop Points:109
Black FC:2065 1225 2978 Dex completed:8-23-11 Topics helped:23
#9Missingno_MastrPosted 4/1/2012 1:31:01 PM
For those of you who don't know, Serebii never does any pranks on his site. The forums, however, are another matter altogether. One year he erased avatars and signatures, citing server issues. Another year he pretended to cave in, giving us custom avatars (a privilege that to this day Serebii forums lack), but it turned out that the only allowed custom avatars were 1x1 pixels. I tried to upload a red pixel as my avatar anyway, only I ran into issues regarding the avatar's size or something like that.

This year, supposedly name changes are back on the forums, but I'm on the fence as to whether or not it's actually a prank. Even if it's not, doesn't affect me, as I'm not changing my name. Someone managed to get their user name changed to "April Fools 2012 trolololololololololololololololololololol.", though.
---
I am Missingno. Master.
R Official Team Rocket member.
#10Serebii from SPPPosted 4/1/2012 2:12:14 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
For those of you who don't know, Serebii never does any pranks on his site. The forums, however, are another matter altogether. One year he erased avatars and signatures, citing server issues. Another year he pretended to cave in, giving us custom avatars (a privilege that to this day Serebii forums lack), but it turned out that the only allowed custom avatars were 1x1 pixels. I tried to upload a red pixel as my avatar anyway, only I ran into issues regarding the avatar's size or something like that.

This year, supposedly name changes are back on the forums, but I'm on the fence as to whether or not it's actually a prank. Even if it's not, doesn't affect me, as I'm not changing my name. Someone managed to get their user name changed to "April Fools 2012 trolololololololololololololololololololol.", though.

The custom avatar wasn't a prank. It was a genuine gift that everyone hated so was removed :p

The name thing isn't a prank
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!