This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope they either get rid of HMs or make them more useful

#11schlimanokobibiPosted 4/4/2012 8:10:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12TectonicImprovPosted 4/4/2012 1:22:57 PM

I wish the HMs didn't take up a move slot.
Just wish all you needed was the HM, and a pokemon that could use it, but not actually overwrite one of their moves.

You know it's thought that at one point the HM's were key items.
---
Because the TF2 economy is stupid.-chaos_blasta
Majora's Mask is overrated. People who agree: 14 (PM your opinion, good, or bad.)
#13Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/5/2012 12:04:26 PM
The real issue is how most HM moves were ineffective in combat. While Strength was fairly okay (especially on Normal types), and Surf was the best water move until Generation 4, others like Cut, Flash, and Rock Climb suffered from poor accuracy (strange how Flash only became useful after being stripped of HM status).
#14CapitalViceIraPosted 4/5/2012 12:22:50 PM(edited)
just drop HMs and in-field stuff like flash and give out material items to do stuff with

like, i guess an axe for cut, maybe a surfboard for surf, a flashlight for flash, etc.

also, by drop, i don't mean get rid of, i mean don't make them a requirement to be able to get around so you don't end up having to carry your five best pokes and then bidoof or something. :L
---
"It's a cruel and random world, yet the chaos is oh so beautiful."
#15Meta289Posted 4/5/2012 12:36:08 PM
CapitalViceIra posted...
also, by drop, i don't mean get rid of, i mean don't make them a requirement to be able to get around so you don't end up having to carry your five best pokes and then bidoof or something. :L

Which is exactly what they did in Black/White.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#16CapitalViceIraPosted 4/5/2012 1:16:34 PM(edited)

CapitalViceIra posted...

Which is exactly what they did in Black/White.

what exactly did they do again

because i'm pretty sure they're still there and specifically used to move around, and i don't recall being able to pull a jetpack out of my ass and fly

edit: oh, i see what you mean. i probably shouldn't have used the word "requirement". i mean if i don't want to take twenty minutes to get from one side of the region to the other, i shouldn't have to waste a moveslot on fly or his cousins.
---
"It's a cruel and random world, yet the chaos is oh so beautiful."
#17SazukeEXPosted 4/5/2012 1:43:42 PM
They could start by merging Waterfall, Dive and Surf together and just unlock those extra options as you get the badges.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#18ExcIusivity69Posted 4/5/2012 2:54:57 PM
It's called taking a risk, and it handicaps the player a little. It doesn't even make you that weak.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote