This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So it's pretty much guaranteed that we're not gonna be able to go to Hoenn?

#1SenorGauntletPosted 4/21/2012 11:34:05 PM
Haven't been keeping up with this lately ;-;
---
Hail, hail Freedonia.
#2SephirothtPosted 4/21/2012 11:38:13 PM
Pretty much from the start.
---
R - Burning Executive http://alturl.com/r2nxe
Official Palmer of the B2W2 Boards and claimed Ninetales
#3solarisjediPosted 4/22/2012 12:35:10 AM
Kind of delusional to expect it in the first place.
---
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards
#4pqlamz000Posted 4/22/2012 12:49:41 AM
It also means we're probably gonna get an independent RSE remake, and possibly+hopefully a FRLG remake
---
Give me something for my inventory :D
Current Inventory: @(^_^)@ ====O T-T <(^_^<) (::) monkey, spoon, miracle tears, Kirby, cookie
#5MegaMettaurPosted 4/22/2012 1:02:30 AM
pqlamz000 posted...
It also means we're probably gonna get an independent RSE remake, and possibly+hopefully a FRLG remake

And why would we need a remake of a remake?
---
Official Video Game Character of certain boards of their respective games.
3DS FC: 2492 4510 6341, Pokemon Black FC: coming soon lol.
#6pqlamz000Posted 4/22/2012 1:15:35 AM(edited)
MegaMettaur posted...
pqlamz000 posted...

Why would Gamefreak need to milk a cash cow franchise like Pokemon even more? Because they can.

"But we've already played through that game TWICE! A re-remake would be boring and it wouldn't sell," I hear people whine.

Yes, YOU have played it twice. When (and if) Blazing Fire Red and Verdant Leaf Green comes out, it will have been about a decade since FRLG's release, and about 18 years since Red and Green's release. That means it'll feel like the first remake for people under 20-ish years old, and kids under 10-ish years old will never have played any of those games. Given Pokemon's target demographic, that's a very large chunk of the fanbase. Plus, dedicated pokemaniacs, nostalgia-chasers, and people who never had a chance to play RBY and/or FRLG would be interested as well.
---
Current Inventory: @(^_^)@ ====O T-T <(^_^<) (::) monkey, spoon, miracle tears, Kirby, cookie
#7Adam_AcePosted 4/22/2012 1:30:27 AM
pqlamz000 posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
pqlamz000 posted...

Why would Gamefreak need to milk a cash cow franchise like Pokemon even more? Because they can.

"But we've already played through that game TWICE! A re-remake would be boring and it wouldn't sell," I hear people whine.

Yes, YOU have played it twice. When (and if) Blazing Fire Red and Verdant Leaf Green comes out, it will have been about a decade since FRLG's release, and about 18 years since Red and Green's release. That means it'll feel like the first remake for people under 20-ish years old, and kids under 10-ish years old will never have played any of those games. Given Pokemon's target demographic, that's a very large chunk of the fanbase. Plus, dedicated pokemaniacs, nostalgia-chasers, and people who never had a chance to play RBY and/or FRLG would be interested as well.

By independant remake I think he's referring to an attempt like Pokemon Shiny Gold which admittedly was amazing fun.
#8bd43Posted 4/22/2012 1:40:43 AM
pqlamz000 posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
pqlamz000 posted...

IT won't happen, and certainly isn't likely on your timeline. Six games in 2 years? Ha, yeah, okay.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#9pqlamz000Posted 4/22/2012 1:53:36 AM(edited)
bd43 posted...
IT won't happen, and certainly isn't likely on your timeline. Six games in 2 years? Ha, yeah, okay.

You underestimate the speed at which the franchise can be milked; Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen were released within a two year period.
---
#10MegaMettaurPosted 4/22/2012 2:28:39 AM
pqlamz000 posted...
MegaMettaur posted...
pqlamz000 posted...

I didn't ask you why Game Freak needs to do anything. I'm asking you why WE, as in the pokemon community, need a remake of a remake.
---
Official Video Game Character of certain boards of their respective games.
3DS FC: 2492 4510 6341, Pokemon Black FC: coming soon lol.