This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So it's pretty much guaranteed that we're not gonna be able to go to Hoenn?

#11raensi_dneehtPosted 4/22/2012 3:52:59 AM
MegaMettaur posted...
I didn't ask you why Game Freak needs to do anything. I'm asking you why WE, as in the pokemon community, need a remake of a remake.

That's kind of a moot point tbh. I don't see how what we as a community need has any bearing on what GF decide to do.

There might be occasions of the fanbase influencing GF, but I don't know of any.
---
New and improved Sea Salt, now with 0% Sodium Chloride!
#12SazukeEXPosted 4/22/2012 3:55:18 AM
Well, yeah... What made you think we would go to Hoenn in Black and White 2? A sequel set 2 years later in the same region?

Have a feeling Bianca will be an assistant in BW2 and Cheren will be someone you run in to but can't battle until you're Champion and are in the post game. Old protagonist wont even appear, but might get mentioned as the hero that battled N and released their legendary while N kept the opposite one of the version of BW2 that you have.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#13pqlamz000Posted 4/22/2012 3:15:04 PM(edited)
MegaMettaur posted...
I didn't ask you why Game Freak needs to do anything. I'm asking you why WE, as in the pokemon community, need a remake of a remake.

I thought I addressed that issue as well. Many people will not have played both RBY and FRLG, given that most Pokemon players are kids. Plus, even among people who are in their 20s or older, there will be people who didn't get the chance to play RBY and/or FRLG.

Now I'm just regurgitating what I already wrote above. Did you not think those were good points, or did you just not even read what I wrote?

---
Give me something for my inventory :D
Current Inventory: @(^_^)@ ====O T-T <(^_^<) (::) monkey, spoon, miracle tears, Kirby, cookie
#14NowujaloPosted 4/22/2012 3:52:12 PM
pqlamz000 posted...
I thought I addressed that issue as well. Many people will not have played both RBY and FRLG, given that most Pokemon players are kids. Plus, even among people who are in their 20s or older, there will be people who didn't get the chance to play RBY and/or FRLG.

That's the points
Kids nowadays don't care for remakes because they don't need them the like the "New" things
If people keep trying to relive past memories through remakes and stunt the growth of the franchise itself the it will fall and people will start to have neagative thoughts about said franchise

-Sonic
-Resident Evil
-Legend of Zelda

just to name a few
I'm pretty sure Gamefreak is well aware of the want for a Ruby/Sapphire remakes and I am not saying that it won't happen but if remakes are being made just because "Some people didn't play it" we would hardly ever have any new video games

Hell most people didn't play the Legend of Zelda wand of Gama...whatever
does that need a remake?
---
Sonic:The only good Kingdom Hearts games are the ones where you play as Sora!
Tails:But Aqua has boobs!
#15MegaMettaurPosted 4/22/2012 6:44:59 PM(edited)
Fr/lg are all relevant with today's technology. Another remake would just be saturation. If kids care and want to play something similar to a gen1 game and still be able to raise the pokemon for the newer games they will figure it out. Game freak knows the games are still relevant, especially since the region reappeared in the gsc remakes.
---
Official Video Game Character of certain boards of their respective games.
3DS FC: 2492 4510 6341, Pokemon Black FC: coming soon lol.