This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I was thinking

#1rotate1991Posted 4/23/2012 9:28:04 AM
Maybe instead of areas that have a certain range of levels for Pokemon, for instance only Lv 3 - 5 in starter routes, to have some patches of grass with stronger monsters. I know you may be thinking, what if I come across a Lv 20 Pokemon when I leave my starter town? How bout have long grass with the higher level Pokemon and short grass for lower.

I mean, what if a new trainer came from a town that had a 8th badge gym? All the Pokemon outside of town will be full of Lv 50s!

So yeah just thought it would make sense to have Pokemon of various levels on all routes. What do you think?
#2themegaman7Posted 4/23/2012 9:30:51 AM
That would be exceedingly stupid for more than one reason.
---
PSN - Expa0
#3PolimarioPosted 4/23/2012 9:34:42 AM
B/W already did that. Double Battle grass patches hold stronger Pokemon than normal grass.
---
Official Space Pirate and Black Kyurem of the entire site. Yes, ENTIRE SITE!
Volcano Arm...it's not gonna melt my hand off, is it?
#4rotate1991(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 9:42:03 AM
themegaman7 posted...
That would be exceedingly stupid for more than one reason.

Please tell me why. I've seen it in others RPG's.
#5LentasticPosted 4/23/2012 9:46:22 AM
Just because another trainer might start in another town with higher lv Pokémon, doesn't mean they're lv 50 to them,
It's called balance, and a game can't work right without it.
If you began your adventure inside the the town with the 8th gym, all the monsters outside would be lv 3-5 while the Pokémon near the first town would be 40-50, that's how a game works, you should not be able to encounter lv 20 Pokémon near the start, it's just silly and a beginner's trap.
#6ssj_duelistPosted 4/23/2012 9:46:23 AM
If you can't understand why that is stupid then God help you.
---
Currently anticipating: Sonic 4: Episode 2 (May 15th), Pokemon Black 2/White 2 (Autumn), Resident Evil 6 (October 2nd) and BioShock Infinite (October 16th)!
#7zxqqxzPosted 4/23/2012 9:51:08 AM
rotate1991 posted...
I mean, what if a new trainer came from a town that had a 8th badge gym? All the Pokemon outside of town will be full of Lv 50s!

In Kanto the 8th gym is in Viridian, which is next to Pallet Town.
#8tohma88Posted 4/23/2012 10:53:50 AM(edited)
The pokemon in the grass could scale to your pokemon level based on the badges you acquire but there is still the problem with lower levelled pokemon that have been dwelling in your pc gathering dust. The only way I can think of doing it is to have somewhere like a safari zone but instead of catching them you choose the level and battle them for experience
#9PokeCrisPosted 4/23/2012 10:03:23 AM
tohma88 posted...
The pokemon in the grass could scale to your pokemon level based on the badges you acquire but there is still the problem with lower levelled pokon that have been dwelling in your pc gathering dust. The only way I can think of doing it is to have somewhere like a safari zone but instead of catching them you choose the level and battle them for experience

That's actually a pretty great idea, something like that should happen.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2494 9130 5731
#10slothicaPosted 4/23/2012 10:19:22 AM
I'd rather the pokemon levels of an area scale to your average party level.
---
Was I being rude? Sorry, I tend to get that way around stupid people.
Official Maxie and Armored Rapidash of the B/W 2 Boards.