This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come there are only two dragons?

#31Legendary_MusasPosted 5/7/2012 11:21:23 AM
Rayquaza and Gyarados are eastern Dragons.
Aerodactyl is a Wyvern like those in Skyrim.
Charizard, Dragonite, Salamence, Druddigon, Zekrom and Kyurem are European Dragons.
Hydreigon is King Gidorah.

That's more than 2.
---
Pokemon White Team:
Samurott - Scolipede - Reuniclus - Excadrill - Haxorus - Braviary
#32pizzakoePosted 5/7/2012 11:29:58 AM
Don't forget that Jigglypuff is a dragon too.
And Diglet is also a dragon, it's just the tip of the tail you see.

***Srsly come on, we understand your point, you think Salamence and dragonite are the only two pokemon worth the title of dragon,
and you wanted us to know because you knew everyone would disagree so you would look like a misfit to everyone.
---
3DS FC: Pizzakoe - 0216-1481-6422
Official Ace Trainer Nick and Bulbasaur B2/W2 Boards
#33Cpt_Calamity(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 5:14:24 PM
Now the trolls come along and ruin a perfectly good topic.

Charizard, Dragonite, Salamence, Druddigon, Zekrom and Kyurem are European Dragons.

Rayquaza is a flying serpent, they just gave him Dragon typing so that he would resist Water attacks from Kyogre. Gyarados is a fish, look up the myth.
Aerodactyl does not have a Dragon typing and it is nothing like the dragons in Skyrim because it is tiny and has very different proportioning.
Those "European Dragons" (a dragon is a dragon) are mostly dragons. Read above for info on most of those, but thank you for pointing out Druddigon. Completely forgot about him.
I already agreed that Hydreigon was a dragon.

pizzakoe posted...

***Srsly come on, we understand your point, you think Salamence and dragonite are the only two pokemon worth the title of dragon,
and you wanted us to know because you knew everyone would disagree so you would look like a misfit to everyone.

Jigglypuff is a Pink Cloud Pokemon (possible reference to Earthbound) and Diglett was just made as a counterpart to Cloyster. Male and female anatomy is what they represent, not dragons.
---
I beat Earthbound without equipment, get on my level.
#34PolimarioPosted 5/7/2012 5:21:22 PM
Cpt_Calamity posted...
Now the trolls come along and ruin a perfectly good topic.

Rayquaza is a flying serpent, they just gave him Dragon typing so that he would resist Water attacks from Kyogre. Gyarados is a fish, look up the myth.
Aerodactyl does not have a Dragon typing and it is nothing like the dragons in Skyrim because it is tiny and has very different proportioning.
Those "European Dragons" (a dragon is a dragon) are mostly dragons. Read above for info on most of those, but thank you for pointing out Druddigon. Completely forgot about him.
I already agreed that Hydreigon was a dragon.

pizzakoe posted...

Jigglypuff is a Pink Cloud Pokemon (possible reference to Earthbound) and Diglett was just made as a counterpart to Cloyster. Male and female anatomy is what they represent, not dragons.

Buddy, we know you don't really know what these Pokemon are.
Diglett is a mole. Cloyster a Clam/Oyster mix.
Rayquaza is a dragon, it's an Eastern Dragon. Not eastern SNAKE, it doesn't have the 'V' tounge.
---
Official Dr. Eggman and Black Kyurem of the entire site. Yes, ENTIRE SITE!
I am Dr. Eggman.
#35Cpt_Calamity(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 5:32:28 PM

Buddy, we know you don't really know what these Pokemon are.

Lol, I just said what they were in the post above yours.

Diglett is a mole. Cloyster a Clam/Oyster mix.

Diglett is a p****, Cloyster is a v*****. Not that hard to understand, it would be sexist to only have one of them.

Rayquaza is a dragon, it's an Eastern Dragon. Not eastern SNAKE, it doesn't have the 'V' tounge.

Are you saying that, in general (trying to not be racist here), Rayquaza has the following traits.

- Black hair
- Black eyes
- Is short

That's what being Eastern (or Asian in modern dialects) means. Please note though that the above are all general statements and mean no disrespect, so don't take offense in any way, shape, or form.
---
I beat Earthbound without equipment, get on my level.
#36MrKoolAidManManPosted 5/7/2012 8:51:50 PM
Rayquaza isn't a snake, snakes don't have arms and they can't fly, Rayquaza is a dragon
---
Official Iruka Umino of the NS:UNSG board
-OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHH
#37wind64aPosted 5/7/2012 9:08:51 PM
Dratini and Dragonair are seriously upset that their older brother was included...and that this is not another pervy nonsense topic.
---
Here is a dot.
#38UltraOshawottPosted 5/7/2012 10:44:26 PM
Oy, another topic that devolves in intelligence. From the guy who says "fliens" instead of "flies", and the guy who gives the obvious fake answer that Bidoof is a dragon...I wonder why I even bother visiting these forums.
---
My WarioWare DIY code: 5114-8603-9549
#39MileRunPosted 5/7/2012 10:46:02 PM
UltraOshawott posted...
Oy, another topic that devolves in intelligence. From the guy who says "fliens" instead of "flies", and the guy who gives the obvious fake answer that Bidoof is a dragon...I wonder why I even bother visiting these forums.

I don't know you at all, but I don't think I'd mind if you left, Mr. Negative.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate