This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokeball Switcher

#1Vohn_ExelPosted 5/10/2012 12:33:12 PM
I think it'd be really cool if there were a way to switch what pokeball our pokemon are in after we've caught them. I mean, I really hate that most of my legendaries are in Dusk balls. It'd be cool to be able to switch to any kind of pokeball sprite through the PC after we've caught them.
---
Black FC: 0003 3193 6389/ The Square Root of Nine is Three!
Official Luxray of the Black 2 boards. You know. So it's "official."
#2Blingya25Posted 5/10/2012 12:37:13 PM
Yeah, i hate that too. I don't want my damn Pokemon to be in Dusk Balls and the other poke balls are too weak to catch Pokemon without having to waste about 3/4 of them breaking on the first tilt.

Just make at the cost of 10000 poke dollars, I mean, late game Pokemon, money is practically useless.
---
`/(o^_^o)\` Raichu!!
TOO BAD, IT'S A RAICHU!!!!
#3Vohn_Exel(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2012 12:42:49 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind having to pay a little for it, or make it a one time change or something.
---
Black FC: 0003 3193 6389/ The Square Root of Nine is Three!
Official Luxray of the Black 2 boards. You know. So it's "official."
#4VIIVincentPosted 5/10/2012 1:09:28 PM
no. change it as many times as you want to. i hate it when i trade or transfer and they come in a Pokeball too.

this will make Pokemon that evolve through happiness much easier too. Luxury Ball for my entire team :)
---
If only we could punch him through our monitors...
psn: DragunSkullz
#5Nanis23Posted 5/10/2012 1:23:35 PM
I don't get it
The only reason you can see in what Pokeball you caught a Pokemon is for bragging rights (HEY I CAUGHT ARCEUS IN PREMIUM BALL,etc)
There is no point in changing it...
If it had an effect on something gameplay releated then yes
But right now? this would be lame like paying Pokedollars to buy shiny Pokemon
#6ArrayOfNothingPosted 5/10/2012 1:31:38 PM
But then catching legendary pokemon in premier balls would be even more of a waste.
---
Gamefaqs in its entirety is an unintelligent site.
#7Blingya25Posted 5/10/2012 1:50:43 PM
I mean for Legendaries (exclusive Event pokemons) usually come in Premier/Cherish Balls. I mean, I wouldn't use it, those are more of a "rare/promotion" type of pokeballs.

For the regulars (and depending on how the players like to play like) it would really be good to change pokeball looks. Heck, if hackers want to change the Master Balls into Pokeballs or something that would be useful too (in a hacking sense of way) and wasting useless money on something small like gimmicks or the "fun factor" (more like "fantasy factor") then it would be a good choice.

It's just kind of like those stickers in D/P/Pt. Does it do anything? Yes. Does it have anything to help the pokemon? No. Does it increase/decrease affect anything in battle? No. Is it for pure cosmetics? Yes.

That's all the "casual/fantasy-ers" want, small gimmicks and/or fun factors to the game. Like the Secret Base. :D

(Oh, how I miss the Secret Base.)
---
`/(o^_^o)\` Raichu!!
TOO BAD, IT'S A RAICHU!!!!
#8Checkmate88Posted 5/10/2012 2:35:25 PM
Blingya25 posted...

(Oh, how I miss the Secret Base.)

I miss it too.

I also miss placing a TON of traps near my underground base in Pearl.
---
The Azure Knights
Kicking helicopters since 4/1/2012
#9PolimarioPosted 5/10/2012 2:50:00 PM
I'd rather have the ability to craft a custom Pokeball.

As in you pay to have a unique Pokeball, and by unique as in customize the features.

So it wouldn't be too easy, you can't slap on a garaunteed catch to it. And having better attributes mean you pay more.
---
Official Dr. Eggman and Black Kyurem of the entire site. Yes, ENTIRE SITE!
I am Dr. Eggman.
#10Elec Man EXEPosted 5/10/2012 4:42:02 PM
I'd really like the ability to switch pokeballs. Especially on bred pokemon. Regular pokeballs are boring and its a pity that a good portion (or all) competetive pokemon that aren't RNG'd will always be in regular pokeballs.
---
Master of Electricity