This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name Pokemon who look like they should be a different type

#1Legendary_MusasPosted 5/18/2012 1:42:24 PM
Girafarig - Psychic/Dark, the whole duality aspect and the evil looking tail chomper just screams Dark.
Flygon - Bug/Dragon, it's a big Dragonfly looking thing. It's preevo's are Antlions.
Primeape - Fighting/Dark, Fighting is generally seen as a 'pure' type but Primeape goes bat**** crazy and doesn't fight fair.
Typhlosion - Fire/Ground, it's the Volcano Pokemon. Would also work as a sort of opposite to Charizard. STAB Earth Power would have been awesome.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#2Phantom_NookPosted 5/18/2012 1:46:37 PM
Luxray - Electric/Dark
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#3H_RuriPosted 5/18/2012 1:51:55 PM
Beartic - Water/Ice it has a lot of water-type moves and also swift swim...
Masquerain - Water/Bug
#4duh1177Posted 5/18/2012 1:54:20 PM
Lugia-Water/Flying.

Seriously, Lugia's water affinity was emphasized far more than it's Psychic abilities. "King of the Sea" and so on. Hell, even the games put more emphasis on water; it was found deep in Whirl Islands in water.
---
Hey look buddy, I'm an engineer and that means I solve problems.
OK, so I'm not an engineer yet, but I'm on my way.
#5scrappybristolPosted 5/18/2012 1:57:09 PM
Samurott - Water/Fighting... A samurai otter. Come on!
Emboar - Fire/Dark if just to stop the fire/fighting boringness
Serperior - Grass/Flying, just looks like it should be able to fly to me.
---
You're all sheep.
#6Phantom_NookPosted 5/18/2012 2:03:07 PM
scrappybristol posted...
Serperior - Grass/Flying, just looks like it should be able to fly to me.

No wings...?
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#7JagusPosted 5/18/2012 2:14:15 PM
Golduck - Water/Psychic
Luxray - Electric/Dark
Gyarados - Dragon/Water
---
MUSIC IS OBJECTIVELY DEFINED AND ITS QUALITY IS EMPIRICALLY MEASUREABLE IN THE EQUATION, WHAT I LIKE > WHAT YOU LIKE. Jaraqua Lefty Jones
#8Missingno_MastrPosted 5/18/2012 2:17:32 PM
Jagus posted...

Gyarados - Dragon/Water

While that would indeed make infinitely more sense, bear in mind that Gyarados came to be back in Generation I, back when the only Dragon move was Dragon Rage. Which meant a Water/Dragon-type wouldn't have had a weakness at all.

Serperior just screams Grass/Dragon, at least to me. At the very least, it ought to have been Grass/Poison.

I was hoping Galvantula would've been Electric/Poison.
---
I am Missingno. Master.
R Official Team Rocket member.
#9MidnightCrewPosted 5/18/2012 2:18:41 PM
Mawile - Dark. xD
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#10JagusPosted 5/18/2012 2:21:09 PM
While that would indeed make infinitely more sense, bear in mind that Gyarados came to be back in Generation I, back when the only Dragon move was Dragon Rage. Which meant a Water/Dragon-type wouldn't have had a weakness at all.

I'm aware, but we're just talking about looks here.
---
MUSIC IS OBJECTIVELY DEFINED AND ITS QUALITY IS EMPIRICALLY MEASUREABLE IN THE EQUATION, WHAT I LIKE > WHAT YOU LIKE. Jaraqua Lefty Jones