This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who's in favor of a Fire/Poison type?

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 5/19/2012 9:10:06 PM
Yeah, it would get ripped apart pretty bad by Ground-types, but it can have Levitate!

An Ice/Fire type would be pretty interesting, too.
---
Shield-eaters and world leaders have many likes alike.
#2goldwPosted 5/19/2012 9:12:34 PM
*Fire/Poison*

Maybe. Has to have levitate.

*Ice/Fire*

Crap tier.
---
ADVENTURE GAMES
Honey on the cat hair, makes a mustache
#3funkedelikePosted 5/19/2012 9:14:27 PM
goldw posted...
*Fire/Poison*

Maybe. Has to have levitate.

*Ice/Fire*

Crap tier.

Needs more weaknesses imo
---
"Got a Minecraft custom map? I'll play it!"
PSN: boozinator23
#4darkstriker00Posted 5/19/2012 9:17:46 PM
Ice/fire?
So besides taking quad damage from rock moves (stealthrock) and being weak to common fighting, ground, and water moves all it can resist is ice........ to the garbage teir Batman!!
---
PSN-darkstriker00
#5jayman7Posted 5/19/2012 9:18:44 PM
Why is it that it's now illegal for Pokemon to be weak to Ground? Whenever fans come up with hypothetical Pokemon with Ground weaknesses (or even DOUBLE Ground weaknesses), they always seem to insist that they must have Levitate. Yeah, no. Come up with the concept first. Decide that they Levitate later IF that fits the concept. Don't nerf the Ground type; it doesn't need it that badly. And besides, not EVERY Pokemon needs to be OU-tier!

Anyway, I see no problem in expanding the list of dualtype combos that are in the game. Fire/Poison is okay by me, so long as it's on a Pokemon that fits, and it can continue to be okay even if it doesn't have Levitate.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6MileRunPosted 5/19/2012 9:20:36 PM
goldw posted...
**Ice/Fire*

Crap tier.

Volcarona is in the same boat, but that one's doing just fine in OU.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#7PolimarioPosted 5/19/2012 9:21:37 PM
jayman7 posted...
Why is it that it's now illegal for Pokemon to be weak to Ground? Whenever fans come up with hypothetical Pokemon with Ground weaknesses (or even DOUBLE Ground weaknesses), they always seem to insist that they must have Levitate. Yeah, no. Come up with the concept first. Decide that they Levitate later IF that fits the concept. Don't nerf the Ground type; it doesn't need it that badly. And besides, not EVERY Pokemon needs to be OU-tier!

Anyway, I see no problem in expanding the list of dualtype combos that are in the game. Fire/Poison is okay by me, so long as it's on a Pokemon that fits, and it can continue to be okay even if it doesn't have Levitate.

These people seem to forget that GF doesn't cater to the metagame.
---
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/EyeKanFly2/sprites/649_g.gif
~E~Leader of the Eggman Empire!~E~
#8darkstriker00Posted 5/19/2012 9:23:37 PM
It's not much being weak to ground is a bad thing as it is you need to be either
a) fast enough to kill whatever is about to use earthquake (infernape, jolteon, cobalion, etc)
b) you need to have a crazy amount of defence so you can survive earthquake and revenge kill (metagross..................something using air balloon).

Yeah just make it fast and you're good to go.
---
PSN-darkstriker00
#9VampLordAdamaruPosted 5/19/2012 9:24:46 PM
Fire/Poison: Radiation Pokemon, perhaps?
---
If you accept Shepard as your Commander and Savior, add this to your sig. WWSD: What Would Shepard Do?
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
#10PolimarioPosted 5/19/2012 9:26:00 PM
Did you just ignore what I said? GF doesn't cater to the metagame.
Seriously, I love competitive battling as much as the next guy, but come on. Not every single Pokemon has to be competitively viable.
---
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/EyeKanFly2/sprites/649_g.gif
~E~Leader of the Eggman Empire!~E~